Happy Husker

How Many on here own two boats

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd boat from a guy I know, Its low hrs and in near mint condition and most importantly its priced right. Our Chap hit 1000 hrs last fall so a backup/alternate use boat would be nice

If you have the money and/or storage space go for it. If you keep up with maintenance your old one should do fine though. I don't have two chaps but have a chap and a "little toy" seadoo sportster boat. I don't know if I would buy two of the same boat but to each his own.

I had 2 for about 3  months till I finally sold my older one. Wasn't a good feeling. 1991 Baja 260 and a 2002 265 ssi.

Started watching the USSBA ....United States Sprint Boat Association .... races on Directv.

Might be fatal this spring. Dam they can go & turn ! 

10 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

Started watching the USSBA ....United States Sprint Boat Association .... races on Directv.

Might be fatal this spring. Dam they can go & turn ! 

A little off topic, went to the liquor store tonight, seen a bottle of Devils Bathtub gin. Wonder how that is? Maybe a good drink to watch the boat races! 

2+2 Chappy, Excel F86 alum fish/hunt (115hp Merc) and two Seadoo's.  We use them all at reasonable levels meriting the investment.  I do need to start doing my own maintenance/ winterizing, stupid expensive having it done at our marina.

Two boat owner here.  Lund 1950 Tyee 200HP OB for fishing and the current Chap for pleasure.  Took both boats to a lake for a week for fishing in the morning and evenings and sunning during the day on the Chaparral.  The parking and launch fees were pricey.  But was worth the fun. 

I told the daughter to take some anti depressants before going to the reading of my will.  The amount will be smaller.  She & her husband said.  " Go for it.  "

Good family support is critical in old age.   :lol:

You need to let her pick ANY BOAT.   AS long as it has the options YOU WANT.   Team work is quicker.

I have two boats, as indicated in my signature. The small boat is used at our NH lake house and the Sig in FL.  Imagine all the money I save by not trailering a single boat from NH to FL.  ;-)

I have a 9' inflatable with a 6hp motor that I use for my bigger boat. Does that count??

1 hour ago, Rich S said:

I would keep the Chap for cruising and surf behind the Nautique. I'm not that rich yet.

Rich, did you pull the trigger on the G23?

16 hours ago, Wak'in said:

Rich, did you pull the trigger on the G23?

I did! Should deliver Friday 

Our second boat is a waverunner which gets about ten times as much use as our Chap on a daily basis in the summer. Getting a second waverunner this spring and contemplating a pontoon as well.  Other consideration is boat lifts are 15k for the pontoon, plus additional Floe dock sections plus have to build an additional garage to store it.  Such a can of worms to add a second real boat whereas waverunners fit in the current garage and the lift is only 1200$.  

8 hours ago, Rich S said:

I did! Should deliver Friday 

Oh man, I've got some serious boat envy going on now.  Details please??? Color scheme, power package......

Did you trade in the Chap or selling yourself?

On 2/13/2017 at 8:39 PM, Wak'in said:

Oh man, I've got some serious boat envy going on now.  Details please??? Color scheme, power package......

Did you trade in the Chap or selling yourself?

https://www.marinemax.com/boats/details/5842614/new/nautique-super-air-nautique-g23-georgia---buford

Trading the Chap, looks like already have a buyer. Take delivery Friday. They took my boat last Friday.

On 2/14/2017 at 8:29 AM, Rich S said:

https://www.marinemax.com/boats/details/5842614/new/nautique-super-air-nautique-g23-georgia---buford

Trading the Chap, looks like already have a buyer. Take delivery Friday. They took my boat last Friday.

SWEET!!  Congrats Rich, that is the best in class wake rig on the water.  Anxious to hear your thoughts after running her a bit this Spring.  Love that 450hp power package too, better long term reliability bet than the super charged 550hp IMO.

FWIW..... 2 boat family at this time....

97 Chaparral Sunesta 250

20160724_181817_zpsqnjke40v.jpg

and my fun toy, 83' -18' Crusader - Jet, 468BBC

DSCN0084_zps7rmb5xyy.jpg