SST

Anzio Annie-A German rail gun

27 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, SST said:

Not knowing how nature behaves down there, my question is; Do leaves fall off the trees in that region? 

Yes, trees certainly lose their leaves around here. I'm in Richmond, less than an hour from Ft. Lee.  Our leaves are late to fall this year, but are about 75% gone. Maybe I'll wait a week or two and head that direction to see what I can see!

NewBboat 2016:

"Yes, trees certainly lose their leaves around here. I'm in Richmond, less than an hour from Ft. Lee.  Our leaves are late to fall this year, but are about 75% gone. Maybe I'll wait a week or two and head that direction to see what I can see!"

Thanks Newboat for your post. I was about 1 hour from leaving my house to drive down and check it out when I decided to check out the forum. If Cyclops  hadn't posted his birthday thread, I wouldn't likely have caught your response.

I'll wait for your reply. 

From the looks of Google Street View, the thinnest area of the tree line is where the RR markings on the road is on Rt36. You can kinda make out the rail gun in the background. 

BTW, don't get confused with the refurbished rail gun sitting outside along Rt36 near 144. That's not Annie. Annie is sitting on the RR track that crosses Rt36 into the tree line.