yogi799

You wish you could boat over here!

Show me a place that can beat THIS! :-) Also, this is FRESH water!

Sorry for the crappy music. The selection of free tunes is pathetic.

Two more months and the boat is brought back to life. Georgian Bay is not swimmable though until July.

Yogi799 We are lucky enough to also boat on Georgian Bay. My dad has a house in Pointe Au Baril and every summer we trailer our boat to Penetang and boat up to his place in Pointe Au Baril. Sturgeon Bay to be exact. By the way great video! I have been looking at the Phantom drones. Just have other things I need first. 

That is beautiful!

Question- what are the summer temps of the water?  I need at least in the 80's for this old 46 year body!  :D 

1 hour ago, Rip5 said:

Wow, that is a LOT OF people. My type of boating is the total opposite... trying to get out to total privacy.

Nice view of the fireworks. Wow.... were you afraid some parts might hit the drone?

What drone was it anyway? Do you ever get a jello effect? I do all the time... drives me nuts. Happens mostly when doing two dimensional moves at the same time (like ascending and forward etc).

1 hour ago, Chappy275ssi said:

Yogi799 We are lucky enough to also boat on Georgian Bay. My dad has a house in Pointe Au Baril and every summer we trailer our boat to Penetang and boat up to his place in Pointe Au Baril. Sturgeon Bay to be exact. By the way great video! I have been looking at the Phantom drones. Just have other things I need first. 

Yup, I launch in Penetang too twice a year. Nice place for sure. Then, I boat a bit higher up north, almost exactly where you do!

31 minutes ago, EricGT said:

That is beautiful!

Question- what are the summer temps of the water?  I need at least in the 80's for this old 46 year body!  :D 

It is pretty indeed. And very unique.

Small inland lakes get very warm by June. Temps between 20-26 C, 68-79 F

Georgian bay is awesome but it is only swimmable between July and September. Temps between 19-24 C, 66-75 F

20-24 C btw is PERRFECT for me... Make it warmer and it feels like a bathtub.

BTW, neither are swimmable as of October. Georgian Bay keeps the temps longer as it's bigger so Sept is still OK, but small lakes, even though reaching much higher summer temps, lose the warmth much more quickly so basically swimming is over by Oct 1....

Which makes the season painfully short. If you're a total die-hard you can start mid May. Otherwise, 1st or 2nd week of June to end of Sept. TOO SHORT!

2 hours ago, yogi799 said:

Show me a place that can beat THIS! :-) Also, this is FRESH water!

Sorry for the crappy music. The selection of free tunes is pathetic.

I mean it's pretty and I'm glad you like where you boat, but no I don't :D.

And as great as it is here, it still doesn't compare to Australia:

I spent my summers as a child at our cottage on Georgian Bay, near Parry Sound.  That's where I started boating. The clean water was fantastic, but cold. Great memories...

brick

iframe>

Dale Hollow Lake TN - clean, warm water!

not my drone videos

Houseboat trip with 3 families couple of years ago.

DSCF1454_zpsb2a50ac0.jpg

3 hours ago, Phillbo said:

This looks really cool and SCARY. Like that movie about the guy who got stuck. based on facts of course.