Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EricGT

Samson Edge tower- pics.

14 posts in this topic

20170301_140715_zpseyl6ffk5.jpgThese aren't the best pics, but wanted to share. 

Samson has been great to me and deserve some praise.Their product is grade A and you get exactly what you pay for. 

I need to mount my mirror, hydrofoil rack, and some bumper covers and I'm good to go!

And for those in my other post recommending the heavier capacity trailer for this boat- thank you. 

Night and day difference!

22 minutes ago, IdahoPearl said:

Very nice!  That tower is awesome and the new trailer gets that outdrive up and out of the way!

Yes, it did!  The leaf springs were sagging too much under the weight of the boat.  Now it's up where it should be!

35 minutes ago, Chap243 said:

Your rig looks good.

Thanks man.  You are one of the several that recommended stepping up to a heavier duty trailer.  Great advice!

Great choice, Scott Parnell is great to work with and they build high quality products. We have really enjoyed our Samson Razor, no regrets.  I went with the over mount Bimini as well for the added headroom.  I prefer the look of the under mount, but I had to go with function over looks.  At the helm I have about 6' 4'' of headroom under the bimini.  I have since upgraded my racks to Typhoons, the one hand release and auto stops are great.  Traded in the Cyclone racks on the typhoons, money well spent.  

Keeping an eye on the lake temps, at 51* today...   Enjoy that beauty this summer!  

Agreed Mike.  Your boat has always been one of my favorites.  I always loved the lines of the windshield to transom.

Scott and Tija are both great to deal with and I love how the towers are custom made to the buyers preferences.  Personally I like the over the tower bimini more.  It looks more OE than add-on, if that makes any sense.

The only thing I noticed with the black powdercoat is do not torque the racks until you 100% have them where you want them.  I had my foil rack where I thought I wanted it to only realize the foil was going to hit my board rack. 

I swear that wasn't a tear in my eye touching up the marks the clamp left after I moved it.  :(

The custom aspect and willingness to build exactly what you want is what sold me on Samson Sports.  They had never put a razor on a 1930 so Scott took the time to find someone local that had one, who let him and his guys take measurements and fit a test bend for the lower mount.  He shipped that test bend to me to fit on my boat to make sure I was happy.  He also sent me a selection of mounting feet with different radiuses machined so I could get the perfect fit depending on my exact mounting point.  I had plenty of room for backing plates so I asked them to make extra large plates to spread the load.  All these things really make for a great end result, you will love that tower! 

On 3/2/2017 at 6:51 AM, EricGT said:

Here are two more.  2nd one with the hydrofoil rack installed. Thanks for looking.

20170301_140741_zpsdmwxqiac.jpg20170301_230244_zpsrewcyeeq.jpg

EricGT, if you could post a shot directly from the back would be great.  

I want to add a tower to my 01 216SSi.... BUT I have 2 challenges...   the roof of my slip (vertical clearance) and the poles that hold the roof up dont leave a lot of room (side -side).  I like how your racks are mounted high and on an angle... might just work.  

what I have to work with.

IMG_3057_zpswynnad9s.jpg

EA70B2F6-4A81-4C2E-99FA-264786B008A7_zps

1 hour ago, IndyChap said:

EricGT, if you could post a shot directly from the back would be great.  

I want to add a tower to my 01 216SSi.... BUT I have 2 challenges...   the roof of my slip (vertical clearance) and the poles that hold the roof up dont leave a lot of room (side -side).  I like how your racks are mounted high and on an angle... might just work.  

what I have to work with.

IMG_3057_zpswynnad9s.jpg

EA70B2F6-4A81-4C2E-99FA-264786B008A7_zps

Looks like you have plenty of headroom. Width might be a bit tight if the racks are loaded.

brick

Here are two pics.  I have the crowned top.  Looking at Samson's pics, it appears the standard top might bring the racks in a bit more.  https://samsonsports.com/wakeboard-towers/edge-wakeboard-towers/

I like the crowned top, but kinda wish I would have done the standard top.  If you look at the pics of the tower folded, you will see why.  That is a 10Wx8h overhead door.

I need to fold the tower forward for it to fit.  At 6'3" I need to stand on my toes and stand it up then QUICKLY go to the other side and let it come forward onto the bow.  I am far from a small guy and can tell you, that thing is pretty stout. 

20170301_140756_resized_zps6ggmfqjl.jpg

20170301_142418_resized_zpshvgsmw0u.jpg