tomnjo

Any RVers out there?

81 posts in this topic

Generally, with a TT that size, you have an under #1,000 lb. limit with a hitch installed on the TT bumper. So your's will likely

not handle a boat of your size. You can do as others have, have a custom hitch welded to the sub frame, and that will

allow more weight to be attached. I think you may find that double towing the TT and boat is a no go, for more than a couple blocks.

On 3/25/2017 at 4:39 PM, Auggie said:

I just got what I hope will be a boat that lasts until I die. I've had RVs for the past 13 or 14 years and am close to ready to step into a class A coach again. We were looking and noticed most will tow 10,000 lbs. So I bought this boat and in a couple years  will sell my trailer.  I don't EVER see myself kick'n it under an awning unless I'm  waiting for food or resting up for the next foolish thing to do.  I'm way too hyper. We're on the backside of 50 also. 

Class a diesel pusher is the way to go!  Go anywhere and be totally self sufficient! I love my 40' Tiffin Phaeton.  

7 hours ago, Jonny40QBH said:

Class a diesel pusher is the way to go!  Go anywhere and be totally self sufficient! I love my 40' Tiffin Phaeton.  

I doubt I'll be able to afford one of those but a nice diesel pusher around 37' will be just fine

I found a hitch that is going to be attached to the frame and pop out under the bumper.  It is a bolt-on that I will have welded as well.

Ive done my weight and balance and I should be within spec.  We will see once it's all rigged up with some local pulls.  I have some concerns, but I should be able to get some slow speed test done within the next 3 weeks.