1948boat

windscreen 1998 252 Sunesta

I CALLED IT WINDSCREEN BECAUSE IT ISN'T A FRAMED GLASS WINDSHIELD LIKE ON A 233, IF YOU HAVE A 232 OR 252 YOU KNOW IT IS A SMOKED PLASTIC WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT. STILL LOOKING FOR A TALLER ONE, SOMEONE SAID THAT 1997 WAS TALLER?

5 hours ago, Pops said:

All caps?

Angry Brit  ???? B)

Just go to an auto glass shop, or hardware store, buy the smoked plexiglass, and have it cut to fit. Should

be rather simple, and only a few quid....

6197346_20170407080158348_1_LARGE.jpg

Someone is disturbed about the Britt's? Well a Britt I'm not, born in MI and now since 2004 a Florida resident, I have owned boats since 1973. Explanation on the caps, the sentence was half finished and chose not to change it, absolutely no expression of attitude. This seems to be a very abrasive forum, most I have been a member of were very friendly and if they din't have something helpful to add to a thread they stayed silent.

Yikes,  go easy on him. He's new here. First post!

As the windscreen is plastic, your best and easiest bet may be to find a local glass shop that can bend a piece of plexiglass to match the original. Any used part you find would likely be in worse condition than yours. 

And welcome. 

brick

12 hours ago, brick said:

As the windscreen is plastic, your best and easiest bet may be to find a local glass shop that can bend a piece of plexiglass to match the original. Any used part you find would likely be in worse condition than yours. 

And welcome. 

brick

No to beat a dead horse, but if anyone is interested please read about the dashboard features according to Chaparral on page five of the following attachment. thttp://forum.chaparralboats.com/publications/brochures/1997/sunesta.pdf

12 hours ago, brick said:

And welcome. 

brick

Already suggested the local glass shop on his duplicate thread from a few weeks ago. Must not be an option ????

Thanks to all for the positive comments. The thing in front of my dash that deflects the wind is in great shape, I just have a problem with my eyes watering due to its height. So I came on board here to see if others have had a similar experience.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:51 AM, 1948boat said:

Thanks to all for the positive comments. The thing in front of my dash that deflects the wind is in great shape, I just have a problem with my eyes watering due to its height. .

picfishhedz1.jpg

Take the original for a pattern for the mounting holes. Have one bent to the height you want. 

brick

On 5/24/2017 at 11:54 AM, Andy g said:

I have  one from  a 01 232 sunesta

If you are offering to sell, I would only be interested if it is at least 4-6" taller than stock.