forum specific to the Chaparral Sunesta

Don't know of such a forum, but throw your comments, questions or suggestions on here. I think you will find many Sunesta owners here that will give you their two cents. You will find that a lot of Chaps boats share similar characteristics and someone with a SSI could still help.

Well I have asked about a tall windscreen for our 98, 252 Sunesta, I got a bunch of lip service about I must be a Britt since I called it a windscreen instead of windshield. So I responded that I wasn't a Britt and explained that I called it that because it is a small plastic wind deflector/screen not a framed glass shield. It so happened that I had cap loc on so my response was all caps. So then they responded that I must be a angry Britt.

Bottom line I got no help, just criticism about not calling it what they thought it should be called, put a label on me and then said I must be angry.  I probably will be signing off of this site since I have found no value in it for me.

Thanks and God Bless

Sorry that you were met with that type of response. I agree that there are times on here that there are some that come across negative and condescending. By and large though most members, if they have an answer, really want to help and will give great advise.

Securing windscreens/windshields can be problematic even for a newer boat. I don't know if you are replacing an existing one or adding new, but you may have to try an internet search to find such a part. Good luck with your search.

I've noticed that when you go to the larger boating sites, any of the model or brand specific forums don't have a ton of activity and people end up posting in the more general parts of the forum of their specific forum posts just flow into the button that accumulates all of the recent posts.  The Sunestas are similar to the SSi's and so most things can be covered by anybody with an SSi or a Sunesta.  On the waverunner and Jet ski type forums it makes sense because many times the engine is a completely different engine than on the other models and the questions revolve around very specific things only on that particular model line or so goes the logic plus there are a lot of any specific one sold.  

On 4/14/2017 at 7:19 AM, 1948boat said:

Well I have asked about a tall windscreen for our 98, 252 Sunesta, I got a bunch of lip service about I must be a Britt since I called it a windscreen instead of windshield. So I responded that I wasn't a Britt and explained that I called it that because it is a small plastic wind deflector/screen not a framed glass shield. It so happened that I had cap loc on so my response was all caps. So then they responded that I must be a angry Britt.

Bottom line I got no help, just criticism about not calling it what they thought it should be called, put a label on me and then said I must be angry.  I probably will be signing off of this site since I have found no value in it for me.

Thanks and God Bless

So......Newbie to forums are you? FYI, don't be offended ....it goes with the territory......

Personally, I have found this forum to be A++ ..... If you go back and review your thread, both of the "posters" responded with good suggestions, not "lip service". It appears you did not "like" the suggestions posted and you are seeking a per-manufactured" wind shield for a 98 Sunesta....... Good luck, but I have serious doubts one exist, but as a Sunesta owner myself, it would be nice to know

Hope you find the forum you are seeking....but IMO, that does not exist as well.