Exhaust manifolds and risers replacement

What is the generally accepted timeline for replacing the newer dry joint style exhausts run in saltwater? I have a 2008 Mercruiser 350mag and flush the motor with fresh water for 5-10 minutes after every use.  I have just over 200 hours and I know it would be time (overdue, probably) with older wet joint risers but haven't seen anything definitive on the newer style dry joints. Any guidelines?

I had that done 18 months ago, the mechanic said they looked great and replaced the gaskets.  Had another mechanic do some other work 12 months ago and told me he never takes them off to look and replace gaskets, always replaces everything and that he thinks the previous mechanic only replaced one gasket and never touched the other one (he said it looks like the bolts and paint have never been touched on the port side one but that he could tell starboard had been opened up).  I think I can go another 12+ months but have always heard horror stories about waiting too long to replace everything.  I'm under the impression, the new dry joints don't lead to an instantaneous catastrophic failure as could happen on the older wet joint ones.

I run in salt water and find myself replacing 5 -6 years in!  I just had mine looked at with 4 years use and tech said he could scrap em clean and get another year, but decided to have peace of mind and replaced! Boat is ten years old this year and it's my 2nd set! image.jpg

2 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

I run in salt water and find myself replacing 5 -6 years in!  I just had mine looked at with 4 years use and tech said he could scrap em clean and get another year, but decided to have peace of mind and replaced! Boat is ten years old this year and it's my 2nd set! image.jpg

Yuck!

I flush every time.  I have the nutra salt system I used for the first 6 years.  From what I can tell I was able to get an extra year out it!  I personally think it's over rated, so I stopped using it!  I only buy VP parts, Cost a bit more but I figured it can't hurt. 

I run in salt water and flushed my engine religiously with salt-away after every use.  I got 7 seasons out of them.  Unfortunately I tried for an 8th and ended up with water in the cylinders and a very expensive repair.  From what I learned 5-6 years seems to be the sweet spot. 

I am not sure if it helped.  I would like to think it did, but I am not experienced enough to know for sure.  I try to do as much of the maintenance stuff as possible figuring that it can only help prolong the life of all of the parts of my boat.

I think it is only a salt water issue.