Shaunm72

New Boat Owner

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

Have been fortunate enough to finally find time, finances (and permission ;-) to get myself into boat ownership :-)) 

Bought a lake boat - Sunesta 233 - 2001 but with only 250 hours on the engine and its has been looked after by a OCD manic who has been awesome in guidance and support 

Its been winterized every year and engine runs fine but what tips advice should I follow as a new owner ? 

already spending lots of time in empty supermarket car parks practising reversing trailers (definitely the most nervous bit on the ramp!) 

looking forward to chatting with people 

Shaun 

00b0b_k5vsPgLkuk8_600x450.jpg

00P0P_k79gbpggvAZ_600x450.jpg

00505_kjl0NqFGzdu_600x450.jpg

01313_iaaAOYvzhnW_600x450.jpg

so I see on yours you have a tower whereas the prior owner said he just uses the tow hook above the swim platform ..

I only ever wakeboarded from a tower - will there be much difference ? 

Welcome to our jungle. Looks well taken care of. Next you need to get permission for a shiny new trailer.

2 hours ago, Shaunm72 said:

so I see on yours you have a tower whereas the prior owner said he just uses the tow hook above the swim platform ..

I only ever wakeboarded from a tower - will there be much difference ? 

Not unless you like to jump!  Some people say the tower mount aids in getting up from a start.  I never had any trouble getting up from the transom ski eye, and have taught many newbies from same.  The tower also provides a great place to store those bulky boards with bindings.

2 hours ago, Mi3sons said:

Welcome to our jungle. Looks well taken care of. Next you need to get permission for a shiny new trailer.

and heck no chance of swinging that :-) 

1 hour ago, Shaunm72 said:

and heck no chance of swinging that :-) 

Well at least some new rims

Great looking boat, and it already has the extended swim platform! Hope you have a fun season on the water.