PY

Help water intrusion....removing Seat Backs on a 260

We are trying to remove the seat backs on our 1998 260.  After a heavy rain or really soaking wash we get a little dampness in the aft cabin area along the Stern side of it.  (best I can describe it).  I am thinking a bolt hole or something needs more caulk.  Help please anyone experience this before or removed the seat backs to be recovered? 

No one has any idea?   I really need help with this issue.  I am getting water in my aft bunk it's coming in along the stern side of the bunk.  It's not near the port side.  It has to be getting in from something along the seats.  

I had a aft cabin leak on the port side.  The water was coming in from two places.  1st was where the port side bow railing mounted.  2nd was at the shore power connector.  To access the railing bolt, remove the ceiling panel that the aft cabin lights mount to.  Then you can reach up thru with a ratchet to loosen the bolt, reseal, then re-install.

The shore power just needed the mounting bolts tightened to compress the gasket.  Sounds like yours is a different spot but you'd be surprised how water can run under the headliner and collect in another area.  Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, 951Tom said:

I had a aft cabin leak on the port side.  The water was coming in from two places.  1st was where the port side bow railing mounted.  2nd was at the shore power connector.  To access the railing bolt, remove the ceiling panel that the aft cabin lights mount to.  Then you can reach up thru with a ratchet to loosen the bolt, reseal, then re-install.

The shore power just needed the mounting bolts tightened to compress the gasket.  Sounds like yours is a different spot but you'd be surprised how water can run under the headliner and collect in another area.  Hope this helps.

I will be checking both.  My power connection is forward from the bunk but as you say water sneaks around and can find its way in.