Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JP127

Hard Water Stains

14 posts in this topic

I washed the boat today for the summer season. And every year I deal with these hard water stains on the decals. I use a wash and wax that I bought from Academy. It cleans well, but won't get out the hard water stains. Suggestions?

20170513_171317.jpg

Do not get the spots by wiping surface dry after washing, or clean the spots before waxing ... vinegar/water solution should do the trick.

Or there's a product specifically for removing hard water from boat hulls.  It's called Ducky if you aren't inclined to mix anything yourself.  

Boat Bling Hot Sauce is another.  It won't strip your wax like vinegar will.  We have very hard water here and after every outing the chrome and black gel coat get cleaned

I have hard water at home and get hard water spots, usually I dry it and come back with turtle wax ice spray detailer and that gets it.  If not a polish like nu finish.  After that try vinegar and water for CLR.

If the hard water is from your hose at home, nothing you can about it except come back and get it.  Keeping a good wax on the boat will help.

I had hard water on my old Chap from my sprinklers that were next to dock.  Could not get them off with anything short of buffing out.  Then Denny came along and shared his secret......a container of a few inches vinegar, a few squirts/tablespoons of compound (any will do) and a red mechanics shop rag.  Soak the rag in the mixed up solution and wipe the boat. The spots melted off after a few seconds of elbow grease.  It was amazing!  Left a nice shine too.  Thanks Denny!!!!!

Chemical guys makes a water spot remover.

It is a gel.

Wipe it on let it sit and wash it off, it works great.

Rob,

Hows the new ride?

On 5/16/2017 at 0:36 PM, jeffk said:

Chemical guys makes a water spot remover.

It is a gel.

Wipe it on let it sit and wash it off, it works great.

Rob,

Hows the new ride?

Jeff I'm not sure it's possible to love a boat anymore than we love this one.  It's absolutely a dream!   Hope you're enjoying S FL!!!

C9A29E5C-B60C-4C7B-8967-42B9ED57BAB3.jpg

F64CB613-DF9B-4B98-8287-C684380870B0.jpg

63FCEC01-EAB0-41DC-8F0B-52D5C71EB6F3.jpg

we love it down here.

one mile from the marina, two miles from the beach and beautiful turquiose water.

we spent the weekend down in coconut grove, great town.