mjagmin

Where do you store your garbage on your boat?

45 posts in this topic

Just now, PY said:

My wife found some really neat trash bag holders.  They have big suction cups and we have two.  One in the Head as NO PAPER products are allowed in the toilet and the other in the galley.  They hold either small trash bags, or we recycle the plastic bags from the grocery store.  She found them at Academy. 

Do you know where she found them?  Online?  Any pics?

Just now, mjagmin said:

Do you know where she found them?  Online?  Any pics?

They are white plastic with a lid.  She got them at academy.  I will look at their site and see if I see them for you.

10 minutes ago, mjagmin said:

Thanks so much!

Cannot seam to locate the ones she purchased.  I saw one similar on the Walmart page but it did not have the lid. 

thanks for the link. 

I don't want to put a dedicated large trash can on board and just keeping garbage bags in the glove compartment isn't a good option that my wife likes.

I will show her this link.. 

Thanks again!

On my previous boat (cuddy cabin) I would tie a trash bag to a grab rail and just let it hang until full.

Why this is an issue needing two pages, and counting, of ideas ...  :funny-7327:

Just now, Richard W said:

Why this is an issue needing two pages, and counting, of ideas ...  :funny-7327:

Well, hoping the fine folks at Chaparral are taking notice.. :P:P

1 hour ago, Richard W said:

WOW!  Didn't see the humor. 

2 hours ago, Phillbo said:

On my previous boat (cuddy cabin) I would tie a trash bag to a grab rail and just let it hang until full.

Depending on the design of the boat, this can cause a dangerous situation at speed.

We tried this once and the bag was all but horizontal at 35mph.  Even worse the bag full of bottles (my wife, ugh) was banging against the fiberglass.

3 hours ago, EricGT said:

Even worse the bag full of bottles (my wife, ugh) was banging against the fiberglass.

:haha-7383:

I have a can in a wire rack hovering over the engine under the sunpad. The sunpad closes tightly on top of the can so nothing can spill out. The wire rack swings out of the way for access to the engine.

gallery_15159_841_432787.jpg

gallery_15159_841_1512719.jpg

Great mod (of course; your mods are legend), but no way I'm gonna raise the engine hatch every time I wanna pitch something.

That did come to mind but we are usually only making trash when we are anchored out or beached. Usually it's just one lift, maybe two depending on how long we are there. Lifting the sunpad does keep my biceps looking good.  :D  (We probably need to make more trash)  

On 5/19/2017 at 6:05 AM, Futzin' said:

We put a small plastic garbage can in the port console of our 220.  Roll of small trash bags stays in the bottom of it.  Has worked well for us for years.

P1010952.jpg

That's a good idea. I put the Bazooka sub, amps and life jacket storage in the port side console

I may re-think what goes where.

brick

Our pfds usually in the bow, sometimes in the ski locker.  'Course, once they're wet for the day they're on the bimini struts.  We typically carry 2-4; you guys I'm sure carry more.  We don't have kids; easier for us.

Once we get into watersports mode, the boat gets to looking pretty red, with all the stuff hanging to air/dry.  I call it 'all geeked up'.  But I can't stand to put anything away wet.

PICT1833.jpg