Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ColdOne

Going back to storage .......

12 posts in this topic

I made a very difficult decision today, my boat is going back in storage tomorrow for a month or so.

The water levels here on lake Ontario 28+ inches higher than they were a year ago and they are expected to rise another 3+ inches over the next 2 or 3 weeks and while my marina is still technically open as they have floating docks and I prepaid there are numerous reasons not to launch. Debris in the water, idle speeds on the bay, a foot of water in the parking lot, I don't want to cause any additional waves that homeowners need to deal with and I don't want my boat in the water at a dock that I can't easily get to.

So I decided that the boat will be going back to storage for the next 4-5 weeks so my neighbors don't have to look at it which they already have done since April  15th.

Who would have ever thought you could have to much water.

10 minutes ago, ColdOne said:

so my neighbors don't have to look at it

huh?  looks easy on the eyes to me . . .

35 minutes ago, ColdOne said:

I made a very difficult decision today, my boat is going back in storage tomorrow for a month or so.

The water levels here on lake Ontario 28+ inches higher than they were a year ago and they are expected to rise another 3+ inches over the next 2 or 3 weeks and while my marina is still technically open as they have floating docks and I prepaid there are numerous reasons not to launch. Debris in the water, idle speeds on the bay, a foot of water in the parking lot, I don't want to cause any additional waves that homeowners need to deal with and I don't want my boat in the water at a dock that I can't easily get to.

So I decided that the boat will be going back to storage for the next 4-5 weeks so my neighbors don't have to look at it which they already have done since April  15th.

What marina are you in?

30 minutes ago, Futzin' said:

huh?  looks easy on the eyes to me . . .

Thanks. I think she is beautiful ......but they do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder .....

8 minutes ago, DarkMantle said:

What marina are you in?

Arney's in Sodus Bay

1 minute ago, ColdOne said:

Thanks. I think she is beautiful ......but they do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder .....

Arney's in Sodus Bay

I'm down near Toronto on the Canadian side and it's just as bad. I'm ok because the docks float. But the next marina 5 minutes over is under water. Slips are completely submerged. Logs all over the place. It's awful. This is my first season and first boat and there's to much water to use it...WTF. That's irony for you. 

All the boats are still in storage. I will do work on them to ease the pain.  Will spend lots of money on needless items.  Oh well.

8 hours ago, ColdOne said:

Noah! :D

So far this year, when I have the opportunity to go boating, the weather gods decide otherwise. 

brick

We've only been out once.  Water was up, but clean.  Our lake always is, thankfully.

Do a battery water level check first. Then charge. Then a add water.

Should be the highlights of the day. :lol:

Unfortunately we have had the same, tons of rain, water is high and alot of slow no wake.  Of course this weekend more rain and cold.