Well, now that our 350 signature looks all shiny has been valued above what we owe on it, combined with some very decent equity in the house, we are now thinking about moving to something bigger. 

Here are what we have been looking at so far, 2015 Sea Ray 470 Sundancer, 2013 Cantius 48, 2010 Cranchi 47, 2012/13/14 Regal 520 Coupe, Azimut 50 Atlantis, and lastly 2010 Cruiser Yacht 52 Coupe. 

What are your thoughts?

Sorry I don't know anything about yachts.  But congrats and good luck on your next step up.  

Quite a list!

Too bad the 420 Premiere didn't make the list. It's probably not that much smaller in useable space than the 470 Sundancer, and perhaps nicer all around even with being an older model. Have been on a 2010 Sea Ray 50 Sundancer, and that was a rather big let down from me vs the 420 Premiere regarding space, access, materials, and design. I'm not a big Zeus fan, (nor SR) and thus recommend inboards with the new Joystick feature option for Sea Ray. If you want a pod drive setup, recommend going with a Volvo IPS, which of course isn't available on SR.

For the others on the list, I think the Azimut 50 Atlantis. Hope you have fun no matter which model you go with.

If you were to broaden the search, a Tiara 44 or 50 are really nice.

1 hour ago, Shepherd1 said:

Quite a list!

Too bad the 420 Premiere didn't make the list. It's probably not that much smaller in useable space than the 470 Sundancer, and perhaps nicer all around even with being an older model. Have been on a 2010 Sea Ray 50 Sundancer, and that was a rather big let down from me vs the 420 Premiere regarding space, access, materials, and design. I'm not a big Zeus fan, (nor SR) and thus recommend inboards with the new Joystick feature option for Sea Ray. If you want a pod drive setup, recommend going with a Volvo IPS, which of course isn't available on SR.

For the others on the list, I think the Azimut 50 Atlantis. Hope you have fun no matter which model you go with.

If you were to broaden the search, a Tiara 44 or 50 are really nice.

420 is too small. We need between 47 to 52 to be able to live aboard. Budget, slip fees, maintenance, put us in this size also. 

The admiral doesn't like flybridges and aft cabins. 

Maybe one day. 

Definitely out of the price league of our Chaps in general. I have no experience with the ones you've listed but I know cruiser yachts and Azimut are highly regarded and Sea Ray lives off their brand name in these catergories. 

As with any major purchase, a marine surveyor specializing in these systems/yachts will be a must. 

Pictures and enjoy. 

Most important is LAYOUT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SIZE................Layout that accepts your furnishings now and what you must / will add.

If not staying out in storms ?  Bow shape can be sacrificed for interior space.

Helped a friend go thru what you are doing.  Bowed out of helping. Personal tastes are too different.

We did a floor plan of each boat to size furniture accurately.  Lot of measuring & juggling on paper before he bought.

What type of cruising do you plan to do? That is the most important factor to help in your decision.

IMHO... I think you'll find the Cruiser Yacht's layout to be very well appointed.

24 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

Most important is LAYOUT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SIZE................Layout that accepts your furnishings now and what you must / will add.

If not staying out in storms ?  Bow shape can be sacrificed for interior space.

Helped a friend go thru what you are doing.  Bowed out of helping. Personal tastes are too different.

We did a floor plan of each boat to size furniture accurately.  Lot of measuring & juggling on paper before he bought.

Totally agree, that's why we chose the 350 Sig over all the Sea Ray and other Cruisers we looked at. The Chappy has the better lay out. So far the Regal is our preferred choice. But we are receiving a Cantius 48 at work this week so it'd be interesting to actually spend some time on it to get a feel for that size boat. 

I always have a problem with  about a 50 footer, live aboard. No walls can be moved like a land house.

What are your feelings on those " see thru windows " in the hull sides ?   Would bother me in port for privacy.  In a storm ?        MOMMA MOMMA.

Are you planning on installing a automatic GPS system to hold your anchored position in stormy weather at night if the watch person falls asleep ? It does include a loud alarm system when activated by drifting.

1 hour ago, brick said:

Out of my league...

brick

Yep, also out of my area of interest. After a lot of thought about a live on we decided it's not for us.

Hope it works out well for this purchase. That size boat would take me out farther than I would want to go.

Joe

What are your cruising plans? A trawler would be my choice because they are much more seaworthy and capable of making long passages in unprotected waters. Look at the Bennetau Swift Trawler line.

8 hours ago, crvtt771 said:

The Regal is the best looking one on your list as far as I'm concerned. 

I looked at a couple of large Regal Coupes at the PB boat show and they were mighty impressive. Great and functional layouts, materials, build quality, and very sharp looking.

8 hours ago, drewm3i said:

I looked at a couple of large Regal Coupes at the PB boat show and they were mighty impressive. Great and functional layouts, materials, build quality, and very sharp looking.

Good to hear. 

OP, realize that none of these boats are really true ocean or cruising boats, but are rather floating condos. They will do fine in coastal waters, but they're not made to cruise the Caribbean for instance. If you are okay with that, great! If not, look for a Bertram, Hatteras, or some sort of motor yacht, fast trawler or catamaran sail boat.

I really like the Azimut...but alas I live in MN on a lake though my yearly outflow to the gov is at least one Azimut which is the only reason I know about them.  Every year I obsess about what I'm missing out as I fork over the cash. You are about to live my dream.   

1 hour ago, Chaparral Rider said:

I really like the Azimut...but alas I live in MN on a lake though my yearly outflow to the gov is at least one Azimut which is the only reason I know about them.  Every year I obsess about what I'm missing out as I fork over the cash. You are about to live my dream.   

So you're clearing at least a million a year and you can only dream about an Azimut?  

7 minutes ago, crvtt771 said:

So you're clearing at least a million a year and you can only dream about an Azimut?  

You got it, a legend in his own mind.Every year he obsesses about the things he can't have, crazy.

10 hours ago, bcboater said:

Have your looked at the new Carvers?  That is on my move up short list.

Carver fan here too. The pilot house tug type of a boat would be my optimal cruising vessel but a nice Carver with no flybridge would do ... :)