Toddavid

Who's out this weekend?

35 posts in this topic

Already been out three times this season, but considering actually getting into the water this weekend, which is the official start.

Have some friends joining us on board, probably shooting over to Fishing Battery Island or Back Creek off the Sass.

"Chesapeake" itself is a great name, here's more from its Upper portion:

Bohemia River

Havre de Grace

Cara Cove

Turkey Point

Cabin John

Still Pond

Hacks Point

That's all within an hour ride of my marina, which would be maybe 10% of the length of the entire Chesapeake. It's a massive body of water with thousands of destinations.

All of ours end in  '  Reservoir. '

And none of them are particularly large

Hopefully within 2 years Futzin'.

#%^$&%$ that's beautiful! 

Bring your kayak!

P1020085.jpg

Sorry, Toddavid.  Back to your topic:

Who's enjoying Memorial Day on the water in Southeast Pennsylvania??

P1000087.jpg

We were hoping to but now it looks like rain, rain, rain cold and windy.  We already have way too much water and a lot of slow no wakes because of it.  Hopefully the forecast is wrong for us!

I have a softball tournament on Saturday & Sunday but plan to be out Monday and Tuesday.  I put the boat in last wknd.  However the forecast isn't looking too great for Monday!:(  I hung my legs off the swim platform and the water temp was enough to hurt!  

I'm takin mine up to camp tomorrow night and launch Saturday morning. I have got to try out my new props.

8 hours ago, Toddavid said:

Already been out three times this season, but considering actually getting into the water this weekend, which is the official start.

Have some friends joining us on board, probably shooting over to Fishing Battery Island or Back Creek off the Sass.

Will be hitting Battery on Saturday, weather permitting.

If nothing else Julie and I will take What Next 3 to a couple of restaurants for lunch and/or dinner. No matter what we'll be on the boat one way or another.

This pic was last weekend.

20170521_140819_zpsl12h741e.jpg

I'm going out even if I have to put up my enclosure and sit out on the lake in the rain!!  

4 minutes ago, MonkeySeaII said:

I'm going out even if I have to put up my enclosure and sit out on the lake in the rain!!  

Please refer to above 

44 minutes ago, MonkeySeaII said:

Me, too.  Supposed to rain like p1ss out of a boot here.  Was hoping to get out on our second paddleboard.  If wife is not on board, then it's grilling and beer at the campground (no hardship either!).

DSCF3739.jpg

2 hours ago, Auggie said:

Please refer to above 

Lol, we are all out of the same mold that's for sure!

Even the wife said, bring the canvas so we can stay out if it rains.  We need to get to our happy place!  Last year, no lie, we literally put the cockpit & bow covers on and sat/laid underneath during a pop up rain storm while we were on the hook.  We weren't about to head in and I forgot the camper enclosure!!  LOL

Futzin, I have the same enclosure as you and will have it ready this wknd!

I'm  looking forward to when we'll be able to get a canvas enclosure made.  I'm still working on the interior and I have other fish to fry first.  

Did you guys have your camper canvas custom made? Thought about it several times but haven't pulled the trigger. Looks like it may extend the season. We trailer our 257 everywhere and wonder how easy it is to put up and take down. Thinking I'm going out tomorrow on Candlewood lake in CT. Swam last week there, still talking like a girl.

Well the weather was pretty nice today so we finally got to go.  It was great and boat ran great.   Now we need some warm weather up here!

Saturday was mostly cloudy in the morning, so we headed over by boat to our favorite waterside restaurant, Schaefer's Canal House. Ate and drank on the deck with the pooch, back at marina by 3pm when it started pouring again. 

Sun was out on Sun, so dropped anchor on the Bohemia and had lunch even got in the water to retrieve the pooch when he jumped off the boat without his long leash (69F). Back by 3pm as the wet weather rolled in again. 

Today was a washout.

So not a total loss of a weekend.