Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LRDog

Faria MG300 info center not responding to inputs

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have a 2013 257 SSX and I'm having an issue with the boats info system. On startup it does the self test as it should and once up and running the display is stuck on "engine temp" and will not respond when either of the up/down or mode buttons are pushed. The only time it ever changes is after refueling. Then it's stuck on the option to reset the fuel level. Of course it will not respond to inputs to select yes or no and the system cannot be changed to display anything else. When I turn the engine off and restart, it goes back to the engine temp on the display. 

Additionally, the garmin GPS display will not show any info when you select to display the gauges on the GPS screen. All other GPS function work as they should. 

Any thoughts?

Faria gauges are known to be failure prone.  Dealers have complained of them not getting help from Faria.  Do a web search of      Faria MG 300 gauge problems.

Contact Garmin on that problem.

Not sure what's wrong with your Faria gauge but similarly my Faria depth finder gauge was not responding to button presses. Well, sporadically only when pushing really hard on the touch buttons. They seemed to be oxidized inside and were not making a good contact. Had to replaced the gauge and since I try to keep it dry to prevent any water from getting inside.

Regarding lack of engine info on your Garmin chartplotter ... the factory chartplotter install often does not provide that function. The charplotter install by dealer can be even worse crapshoot unless you direct them to do engine integration specifically and pay for it.

Were you ever before able to see the engine data on your chartplotter?

Was the Garmin interfaced/connected in any way to the engine?