Sign in to follow this  
newboat2016

Just ordered my first drone

My drone just became a submarine this past weekend!

Got any underwater footage?

Sorry to hear ... that possibility is always on my mind when flying drone over water.

It was an inexpensive hubsan drone.

For the money it is a great first drone, feature packed and easy to use.

i was over water and it just developed a mind of its own an did a header into the ICW .

Thankfully it did not hit anybody on the way down.

On 6/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, jeffk said:

My drone just became a submarine this past weekend!

Oh no!  Sorry to hear!  Missed you guys last week.  We went to Perdido Key.  Larry was tied up with work all week (he sold his boat by the way).  He's looking at a 320 Dancer today.

We had a great time with most of his clan last week, but found ourselves missing what could have been in the Keys.  Maybe next year.  Best to Kristine!

Thanks,

We are set to do another trip, maybe down to Islamorada this time.

I thought Larry already bought a new boat?

Best to all.

1 hour ago, jeffk said:

Thanks,

We are set to do another trip, maybe down to Islamorada this time.

I thought Larry already bought a new boat?

Best to all.

He had a 360 surveyed, but too many issues so he walked away.  Just yesterday, however he made an offer which was accepted on a 2008 Sundancer 340 pending survey.  Maybe it will work out.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, TexasPilot71 said:

The P3 can absolutely follow you.  However, you have to use the Litchi app (which is a really cool app anyway) instead of the DJI app.  It's not perfect, but the delay actually adds some cool "transitions".  I shot this video with the Litchi Follow Me and a Phantom 3 Advance: 

Man you really got that follow feature down pact, TP.  I remember seeing that when you first made it but seeing it again makes you appreciate the tech in these things these days a lot more. Only thing missing is a bit of blue in that water, eeesh! :D

I still have my solo (funny how it's such a monster by today's drones standards lol) and a couple of other ones I've bought since.  It's a blast flying those things and getting all the footage.  Need to upload them.  Now you got me going.