newboat2016

Just ordered my first drone

My drone just became a submarine this past weekend!

Got any underwater footage?

Sorry to hear ... that possibility is always on my mind when flying drone over water.

It was an inexpensive hubsan drone.

For the money it is a great first drone, feature packed and easy to use.

i was over water and it just developed a mind of its own an did a header into the ICW .

Thankfully it did not hit anybody on the way down.

On 6/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, jeffk said:

My drone just became a submarine this past weekend!

Oh no!  Sorry to hear!  Missed you guys last week.  We went to Perdido Key.  Larry was tied up with work all week (he sold his boat by the way).  He's looking at a 320 Dancer today.

We had a great time with most of his clan last week, but found ourselves missing what could have been in the Keys.  Maybe next year.  Best to Kristine!

Thanks,

We are set to do another trip, maybe down to Islamorada this time.

I thought Larry already bought a new boat?

Best to all.

1 hour ago, jeffk said:

Thanks,

I thought Larry already bought a new boat?

Best to all.

He had a 360 surveyed, but too many issues so he walked away.  Just yesterday, however he made an offer which was accepted on a 2008 Sundancer 340 pending survey.  Maybe it will work out.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, TexasPilot71 said:

The P3 can absolutely follow you.  However, you have to use the Litchi app (which is a really cool app anyway) instead of the DJI app.  It's not perfect, but the delay actually adds some cool "transitions".  I shot this video with the Litchi Follow Me and a Phantom 3 Advance: 

Man you really got that follow feature down pact, TP.  I remember seeing that when you first made it but seeing it again makes you appreciate the tech in these things these days a lot more. Only thing missing is a bit of blue in that water, eeesh! :D

I still have my solo (funny how it's such a monster by today's drones standards lol) and a couple of other ones I've bought since.  It's a blast flying those things and getting all the footage.  Need to upload them.  Now you got me going.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, jeffk said:

i was over water and it just developed a mind of its own an did a header into the ICW 

loooool!

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 12:49 AM, Duane2135 said:

Where do you guys post your drone videos to share them?

Hey, how did that whole new engine install go?  I remember about 3/4 of the way I was keeping up with that incredible undertaking you were doing but never saw the final result.  Everything went well, I hope?

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, jeffk said:

When's the next FLA Chaparral get-together?  Islamorada I might be interested in, actually.

I am actually going down to Islamorada in a few weeks.

If you want to get together a trip, I am all for it.

No need to wait for next summer

1 hour ago, jeffk said:

I am actually going down to Islamorada in a few weeks.

If you want to get together a trip, I am all for it.

No need to wait for next summer

You mean we get to hang out with the JeffK?  THE JeffK himself?  That's like Christmas in July.  I'm thinking of possibly coming down in October since that's pretty much the end of our season up this way.  And Islamorada sounds perfect.  I just have to weigh trailering the 276 that distance, but I'd love to do it.  Have the chance to boat tropical waters with our own boat is very enticing. 

That would be great.

maybe we do an afternoon at failover inlet.

check it on YouTube 

27 minutes ago, jeffk said:

That would be great.

check it on YouTube 

Absolutely.  I would be all up for that.  I've been fishing off Islamorada several times, catching spinner sharks by the boat loads as well as cobia and all sorts of other great fish.

I'd like to check out the waters around Alligator Lighthouse.  They are crystal clear blue from some of the footage I've see.  That's not too far from there, right?

I'm going to give it some serious thought and maybe start planning it.  I have a big project starting in September so I have a lot of juggling to do if I'm going to pull this off. 

I'll check out the inlet.  By then, we'll have mastered this thing we just picked up last week.

LORxQCN.jpg

I have the mavi c air as I want to travel with it, it's a bit smaller.

I  call it Plax!

15 hours ago, jeffk said:

That would be great.

check it on YouTube 

Can't find anything under "Failover Inlet" on YT, big bro.  Not sure why it's not coming up.  Can you link the vid?

13 hours ago, Futzin' said:

Haulover . . . 

One of those crazy, wavy, current-filled, psycho boaters ridden, yacht infested, jet ski freak show inlets out of Miami?  What's there to do in one of those except deal with all that crap I just mentioned?  Yeah, no.  I think Jeffrey is messing with me.

7 hours ago, Hatem said:

One of those crazy, wavy, current-filled, psycho boaters ridden, yacht infested, jet ski freak show inlets out of Miami?  What's there to do in one of those except deal with all that crap I just mentioned?  Yeah, no.  I think Jeffrey is messing with me.

The price to pay for open water!

54 minutes ago, TexasPilot71 said:

The price to pay for open water!

Indeed.  But if memory serves, the marinas out of Islamorada are not tucked in through crazy inlets like the ones in Miami.  There is a bit of traveling to get through the bridge and out into open water and maybe to Alligator Lighthouse, but I don't remember seeing anything like in those Haulover vids.  As a matter of fact, it's very scenic and a beautiful ride.  We stayed at the Postcard Inn and chartered right out of their marina.

XlWbvUk.jpg

BQbYefd.jpg

This is a fun place. :haha-7383: Need to bring @cyclops2 aka Clopopodupus and get him all pain free and out fishing!

jDwoqOL.jpg

shf5Lso.jpg

CJyzhro.jpg

3rSVP0x.jpg

8WHwRM1.jpg

R87GcFv.jpg

3oxT47c.jpg

tFiQFwL.jpg

YUwMGIU.jpg

tVUue8a.jpg

Then out to open ocean to some great fishing.

8K1AyHB.jpg

I wasnt screwing with you, typing on the phone while driving....stopped of course.

There is plenty on Haulover inlet sandbar 

2 hours ago, jeffk said:

I wasnt screwing with you, typing on the phone while driving....stopped of course.

There is plenty on Haulover inlet sandbar 

A lot of nice rear ends in that video.  :haha-7383:   That chick in the yellow really likes to shake that booty.  Miami Cubano sandbar! All that's missing is a few mojitos. :)

Jeffrey, are you boating in FLA all year-round now?  I sort of remember you were a snowbird a few years ago or is that wrong?

2nd week of October or thereabouts work for you?  We'll figure details by pm but I just wanted to check the timing.  Maybe TP or others can join us too!  :) 

6 hours ago, Hatem said:

Jeffrey, are you boating in FLA all year-round now?  I sort of remember you were a snowbird a few years ago or is that wrong?

2nd week of October or thereabouts work for you?  We'll figure details by pm but I just wanted to check the timing.  Maybe TP or others can join us too!  :) 

Man, I'd love to but I don't have that kind of vacation left and I have my daughter's wedding in December.  Uggg!  $$$$$  :)

5 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

Man, I'd love to but I don't have that kind of vacation left and I have my daughter's wedding in December.  Uggg!  $$$$$  :)

Congrats!  That's a big, momentous occasion.  Well worth the hard hit. :)