Sign in to follow this  
newboat2016

Just ordered my first drone

Been boating year around since 2004

2nd week of Oct sounds great

Broke my drone out for the first time in a long while at the lake today.  I'll check sometime to see if I got any good footage.  Tried "follow me" and it did not follow.  Hmmm

13 hours ago, jeffk said:

Excellent!  Really looking forward to it.  That'll give me time to pull the boat out of the water, give her a good cleaning and check all systems and get ready for the haul and drive down.  Gonna be a long and mostly treacherous drive, but well worth it. 

One thing I need to do is check my insurance because I know for a fact that I'm insured for all (or most) states EXCEPT Florida!  What is it about that state that freaks insurance companies out?  Is it because it's the one place on earth with the largest concentration of boats?  Or is it theft?  Or is it because of the infamous hurricanes that come through there and destroy half the boats in Florida like Irma did last year?  Oh crap, that was around the same time last year, wasn't it?  Eeeesh, maybe we should reconsider that date! LOL!  What d'ya think, Jeff?

The storms were in September.

You will probably need a waiver cost you about 100 shekels

That is strange, @Hatem.  My policy (Geico through BoatUS) states "Coastal and Inland waters of the U.S. and Canada". Nothing excludes Florida.  Of course I have a Bahamas waiver too, but still had Florida before I added the waiver.  Might check Geico.  Annual premium less than $1k.

5 hours ago, jeffk said:

The storms were in September

Storms?  We have 'storms' up here, my good friend.  You have bomb cyclones down there! :haha-7383:

5 hours ago, jeffk said:

You will probably need a waiver cost you about 100 shekels

I know a couple of Israelis.  They're our cousins, at least the original inhabitants not the European and Russian migrants.  :lol:  Exchange rate is pretty good, too, in favor of the dollar.  ;)

2 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

That is strange, @Hatem.  My policy (Geico through BoatUS) states "Coastal and Inland waters of the U.S. and Canada". Nothing excludes Florida.  Of course I have a Bahamas waiver too, but still had Florida before I added the waiver.  Might check Geico.  Annual premium less than $1k.

:scratchchin: Mmmm...that's what I have too.  My premium is around $1,200 and I remember distinctly the rep on the phone telling me "you're not going to be boating in Florida, right?"  That was 4 years ago and it's the same policy.  I'll definitely check with them.

Anyone catch that clip on the news of that IED drone that tried to take out Maduro?  @ minute 1:25 they show "a" drone blow up but didn't authenticate it was THE drone.  Either way, sucks that these terrorist cretins are using these things.  Look for more regulations on usage for us simple people just trying to have a little bit of fun on our boats. 

Huh?  They say it was a tank and not a drone.  And the clip is less than a minute long but you say there's a drone exploding at 1:25?  Are you CNN?  :)  #FakeNews!  :lol:

CNN?  I actually saw it on CBS then tried looking up anything on YouTube to link it.  All news outlets were calling it a drone attack.  Kinda weird that there would be tall apartment buildings with gas tanks exploding in them next to a major military parade, but I guess that's the case in Venezuela.  Oh well.

13 hours ago, Hatem said:

CNN?  I actually saw it on CBS then tried looking up anything on YouTube to link it.  All news outlets were calling it a drone attack.  Kinda weird that there would be tall apartment buildings with gas tanks exploding in them next to a major military parade, but I guess that's the case in Venezuela.  Oh well.

Cnn = fake news.  I was just making a joke.  :)  But there was no 1:25 mark on the 54 second video.  hmmmm

I linked the wrong video.  The other CBS video showed someone filming one of these spider drones hovering and then blowing up and then people scrambling.  But they did say the footage wasn't verifiable.

It also happened a few months ago in Saudi Arabia, someone flew a drone close to the crown prince's palace grounds and all the guards went crazy and started shooting at it with their AKs until they brought it down.  Took them a long time and many clips for some reason.