newboat2016

Just ordered my first drone

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:03 PM, Chewey said:

Ha, yeah, no matter how big they get, they're still your kid, right?

Looking forward to seeing the footage. I haven't upgraded from my P3P so I'm not sure how the follow me works on the Mavic, but it's a really cool feature. I like the automation that they have built into these things, but I also love the challenge of hand flying and the satisfaction of getting it right all by myself.

You're absolutely right.  They'll always be your kid no matter how big and old and tough they get. 

So this was today, not "snot day" lool but funny that it was streaming just as bad today with these October temperatures out there lmfao! Got a good 12 minutes edited down to about 7 with some interesting action.  He did a good job following it and at one point he kept up with me doing about 25pmh.  Much better if you watch it in 4K.

Nice job. Something to try would be reducing the gain on the yaw axis (the left stick). It looked smooth in the transitions fore/aft & left/right, but a little jerky on the left/right pan. If you reduce the gain, then the stick isn't as sensitive which makes it sooo much easier to be smooth. The P3P has that ability, so I assume the Mavic does as well. I really wanna get mine out with me on the boat and make my own video like this!

14 hours ago, Chewey said:

Nice job. Something to try would be reducing the gain on the yaw axis (the left stick). It looked smooth in the transitions fore/aft & left/right, but a little jerky on the left/right pan. If you reduce the gain, then the stick isn't as sensitive which makes it sooo much easier to be smooth. The P3P has that ability, so I assume the Mavic does as well. I really wanna get mine out with me on the boat and make my own video like this!

Good to know!  Thanks, Mike.  I'll pass it along to the pilot for sure.

The thing I get the biggest kick out of is that the footage is educational in many ways.  You're obviously looking at the boat from a totally different perspective and so you can pick up on a lot of things, especially with regards to the attitude of the boat and your own skills.  I see some weird rocking in certain instances (even with my trim tabs at least halfway down and that usually happens at a certain, slow speed) and also how fast or slow it gets on plane and at what speeds is different than what I assumed driving the boat.  I also see how that rooster tail develops and disappears and the distinct wakes from the stern and from forward of the hull, almost 2 separate ones.  To me, those are the enjoyable things to watch. 

I know what you mean...I'd love to see my boat cruising from a perspective outside of the boat, but I'm not sure I want someone driving it without me on it! So this is a great way to get that perspective