newboat2016

Just ordered my first drone

On 1/19/2019 at 4:16 PM, tomnjo said:

Also, I wonder if I can call in the morning and give a time or if I have to call just prior to takeoff.

For small, uncontrolled airports (assuming they even answer), it's usually enough to speak with them and let them know you'll be flying periodically in the area, and that you'll be under 400 feet.  The "sUAV Rules and Regulations" forum on mavicpilots.com is a great resource for airport notification, both from knowledgeable people, and real-world experience with various airports and heliports.

Been doing some other research. I have two hospitals within 5 miles of a couple of areas that I may be flying. Called both and explained why I was calling and was directed to their security departments and was given their numbers to call when I fly. I am on the very outer fringes of both of these hospitals, so it's not like I'm going to be in the way. Just want to follow the rules. There is an airport by the river where I plan to fly. Called the number and it is only answered Monday through Friday. So I guess I can call Friday and leave a message for the weekend. I'm more concerned about the airport anyway, since it sits in the cornfields only a couple of miles away from the beach area of the river.