Just ordered my first drone

40 minutes ago, tomnjo said:

I was hoping you would take that better than my meddling joke

Bro, it was a complete joke!  Nothing serious about it at all don't even think about it.  I was just saying I would've recognized him had it been him, but it was some older boat and many from my marina go to this cove including the guy with the V-drive Sea Ray.  He left to head back when Justin had the drone buzzing right over him.  Nah, no worries, bro.

58 minutes ago, tomnjo said:

I really still feel bad about that.

Man, I think he overreacted and also misunderstood.  Totally forget about it.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/11/2019 at 4:13 PM, Hatem said:

You know, we knew the days of chivalry was a thing of the past,  but now you cant even trust a private conversations to anyone!  

You just got a bug up your $^& because the Giants look like dog @#$%@# getting blown out by the Cowboys while the Pat's picking up Antonio Brown and blowing out the Steelers in the first game looked like the Haulover Inlet on a Salsa weekend! Lol 

Let me explain something to you.

Life is about expectations.

I have no expectation the Giants will be competitive, so losing badly to any team does not bother me.

At least the owner isn't looking for a happy ending at a message parlor or they sign accused rapists.

Antonio Brown is a nut job and may never take the field for the Pats.

The one thing about the Pats that has kept them on top for years is no prima donna's (even brady)

This will change the dynamics of the team and hurt them long term.

Other than that I hope you are recovering.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, jeffk said:

Let me explain something to you.

Life is about expectations.

I have no expectation the Giants will be competitive, so losing badly to any team does not bother me.

At least the owner isn't looking for a happy ending at a message parlor or they sign accused rapists.

Antonio Brown is a nut job and may never take the field for the Pats.

The one thing about the Pats that has kept them on top for years is no prima donna's (even brady)

This will change the dynamics of the team and hurt them long term.

lol, why don't you really tell us how you feel? :haha-7383: I don't think there's a single Pats fan who understands why Kraft needed to go to that stupid parlor with all the money he has.  But who cares about that? Really?  Are we now just looking for anything to make you feel better about Manning getting benched (should've happened years ago IMO) he was never an elite QB and not even close to one.  Also talking about the play on the field, not all that outside noise. 

And AB didn't even last 2 games.  Some people you just can't teach or they can't learn how to stay out of trouble.  I gave him 6 games max but he even beat that by 5.  Now he's in a lot of trouble although there are a couple of teams already interested in him, even after the latest accusation and stupid threatening texts he made I bet he ends up in KC.  That really is what happens when you give stupid people millions and millions of dollars. 

The only thing left for Pats to accomplish is what they missed in 2007-08. They have everything else.  Get that and then they'll be standing way above everyone else (not that they already aren't) but by miles and miles.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, jeffk said:

Other than that I hope you are recovering.

Lots of hydrogen peroxide to keep scabbing away and no scarring.  That was the best advice I ever got and it was from a CVS pharmacist.  She was spot on, plus that Middle Eastern skin is tough, not even rotor blades on a drone lasted a week! lol.  Only the top one which was the hardest cut is barely visible and this was taken yesterday.

SgqIMe4l.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Here comes UPS.

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/ups-approved-to-run-drone-airline/?MailingID=180&utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Sun++n+Fun+Reorganizes%2C+UPS+Gets+Go+Ahead+for+%22Drone+Airline%2C%22+Catering+Cart+Goes+Wild+at+ORD&utm_campaign=Sun++n+Fun+Reorganizes%2C+UPS+Gets+Go+Ahead+for

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:14 AM, cyclops2 said:

:beat-dead-horse:

What's the matter, Clops?  You were hoping I would be all scarred up for the rest of my life?  lol

Next weekend we'll be flying that bad boy like crazy!!!! Scouting for great whites along a 25 mile stretch at Cape Cod, so the potential of that happening again is pretty high since I'm guessing it's gonna be a bit windy and I have no choice but to catch it.  Or put a towel on the sunpad and get Justin to land the dam thing on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope the weather is better next weekend but it's gonna be cold (which is ok) but trailer issues and other things in hampering our trip might not happen.  I think we waited too long this year and might have to get the drone footage of sharks next year.

the boat is actually running.

there is a camshaft sensor in the back of the engine and that seems to be the source of my problems.

just in time my grandchildren are here and they want to go fast.

on a good day i can hit 44 on the gps.

so i watch the speed go up and gas gauge go down

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, tomnjo said:

What size engine does your neighbor have and how long is the toon?

So I just found out a couple of weeks ago, bro.  I was working in the back yard when I heard him shuffling through his stuff behind his garage and I thought of you immediately, so I climbed my 6ft step ladder to look over the fence and was surprised to see him since he rents the house out and is hardly around.  I asked him what HP was that outboard and he told me 65HP!!!  I was shocked.  I thought it would be at least 100 or 150 to push that thing around but apparently it's fine since he said he never had any issues with 8 people on that thing and that OB pushed that toon around like it was nothing.  They must be really lightweight? 

I did forget to ask him how long it was.

I haven't been around much...been busy with a million other things lately, but I sold the Phantom 3.  Just acquired a Mavic Mini for portability sake.  Have only flown it a couple times in my neighborhood and a few times in the house.  I don't like flying it in the neighborhood, so the flights were real short.  Hope to get up to the lake soon and put a few batteries through it.  So far I think I like it.  It's so small which makes it just so easy to transport.  I think it will encourage me to fly more. 

We're going on an Alaska cruise in April, so that will probably be the first real test of traveling and deploying.  I'll post back here when I have some pics and videos!

Happy New Year everybody!

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, TexasPilot71 said:

I haven't been around much...been busy with a million other things lately, but I sold the Phantom 3.  Just acquired a Mavic Mini for portability sake.  Have only flown it a couple times in my neighborhood and a few times in the house.  I don't like flying it in the neighborhood, so the flights were real short.  Hope to get up to the lake soon and put a few batteries through it.  So far I think I like it.  It's so small which makes it just so easy to transport.  I think it will encourage me to fly more. 

We're going on an Alaska cruise in April, so that will probably be the first real test of traveling and deploying.  I'll post back here when I have some pics and videos!

Hey have fun on your Alaska trip, my friend.  Take and post some pics of the wildlife you end up seeing and of course, hopefully you make a very cool drone  video and get a nice adult, bald eagle come up to it and fly next to if for a little while before he decides to seize it with his talons and take it back to his nest to impress the Missus lol! :D 

BTW, ignore the political rant this guy is saying, but check out the amazing drone work done here by the Chinese whom were contracted to create this performance on New Year's eve in one of the Emirates, I believe.  I don't think it's Doha in Dubai (not sure where that tower is TBH, but it looks familiar possibly Doha in Qatar.)  Pretty impressive but the ones the Saudis do for feasts like the end of Ramadan or the big Eid el Adha DWARF this presentation here.  I'll see if I can find the video for one of the Saudi Arabian presentations that are out of this world.  They are mind blowing and to do all this using drones is insane!

https://twitter.com/Garou_Hidalgo/status/1212569655002509313

On 12/31/2019 at 8:43 AM, TexasPilot71 said:

That Mavic Mini looks pretty cool and has alot of features in that small package. The nice thing is that you don't have to register it. I know all of the rules still have to be followed. I wonder if the upcoming test for rec flyers will be required for flying an unregistered drone......  :scratchchin:

7 hours ago, tomnjo said:

That Mavic Mini looks pretty cool and has alot of features in that small package. The nice thing is that you don't have to register it. I know all of the rules still have to be followed. I wonder if the upcoming test for rec flyers will be required for flying an unregistered drone......  :scratchchin:

That's a good question and I don't know the answer to it.  I do know the latest notice of proposed rulemaking is suggesting (essentially) ADS-B on all drones.  That would cripple the mini, that's for certain.  You mention "a lot of features".  Actually, most of the features have been stripped from the mini to get under the 250 gram threshold.  There are only downward sensors on the mini.  All other sensors, etc. have been removed except, of course, for the GPS receiver.  That's still in there, but you fly with a new app called "DJI Fly".  It only has three automated features and the drone won't even work with Litchi.  There is speculation that DJI may or may not release the SDK to Litchi.  If they do, then Litchi has promised to provide support, but if not, they have no way to make the app work with it and it will be forever limited to just a few automated features.  Which would be a real shame.

Time will tell!

14 hours ago, Hatem said:

Hey have fun on your Alaska trip, my friend.  Take and post some pics of the wildlife you end up seeing and of course, hopefully you make a very cool drone  video and get a nice adult, bald eagle come up to it and fly next to if for a little while before he decides to seize it with his talons and take it back to his nest to impress the Missus lol! :D 

BTW, ignore the political rant this guy is saying, but check out the amazing drone work done here by the Chinese whom were contracted to create this performance on New Year's eve in one of the Emirates, I believe.  I don't think it's Doha in Dubai (not sure where that tower is TBH, but it looks familiar possibly Doha in Qatar.)  Pretty impressive but the ones the Saudis do for feasts like the end of Ramadan or the big Eid el Adha DWARF this presentation here.  I'll see if I can find the video for one of the Saudi Arabian presentations that are out of this world.  They are mind blowing and to do all this using drones is insane!

https://twitter.com/Garou_Hidalgo/status/1212569655002509313

Can't view the link here at work, but I think I have seen the video you posted.  Thousands of netowrked drones with lights?  Very cool!

Yep, I will get a ton of pics on the cruise and will post a few good ones here.

I have seen a few variations of those drone "pictures."  Pretty cool. Kind of a modern teched out version of the Macy's parade balloons.

• 8 months later...

I have the mavic air.

I like that i can fold it up and put it in a suitcase.

I have great shots overseas, that i could not get with a regular camera.

If folding it up is not important, there are many choices.

If your budget is limited, check out hubsan.

I also have one of these a lot of bang for the buck.

16 hours ago, jeffk said:

I have the mavic air.

I like that i can fold it up and put it in a suitcase.

I have great shots overseas, that i could not get with a regular camera.

If folding it up is not important, there are many choices.

If your budget is limited, check out hubsan.

I also have one of these a lot of bang for the buck.

I sold the one I took to Bimini and bought a Mavic Mini.  Love the portability as you said. 

Now, I see your signature now says "Merritt Island".  Did you guys move?  You should get together with Rob.  He's got a beautiful Meridian.  Hope you guys are well!

We started in merritt island, actually lived in orlando.

Knew rob well but lost touch when we moved.

We have been down in north miami since beginning of 2017.

12 hours ago, jeffk said:

We started in merritt island, actually lived in orlando.

Knew rob well but lost touch when we moved.

We have been down in north miami since beginning of 2017.

Ok, I remember that now.  I just haven't noticed your signature line before, so thought you might have moved back.  We are trying to put together a Keys trip over Thanksgiving.  Such a long drive with the boat and a couple dogs.  I am having second thoughts. 

On 10/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, TexasPilot71 said:

Ok, I remember that now.  I just haven't noticed your signature line before, so thought you might have moved back.  We are trying to put together a Keys trip over Thanksgiving.  Such a long drive with the boat and a couple dogs.  I am having second thoughts. 

Let me know, maybe we will meet up with you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 5:13 PM, e-Xtreme said:

I bought the Mavic Pro earlier in the year and am very pleased with it. Haven't yet used it on the boat, but will shortly.

I have one thing to recommend:  read the manual and watch as many "how to" videos as you can while you wait for delivery. They are very easy to fly, but have many, many settings that can get a bit overwhelming at times.  Automated flight modes on the Mavic are great.

Great pics!!