clermontnoles

Boat Plug- Underwater LED light

40 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2017 at 4:23 PM, SNiC said:

Ditto, me too, not impressed with plug light. Is your pic above of those LEDS from Westmarine? I assume they are.....if so, very nice for the price!

Yes....That picture was taken in the Ozarks so it isn't real clear water.

I bought the Vega PRD 8000 lumen drain plug light and the remotecontrol. First off, the product seems very well made and installation was pretty simple and straight forward. I'm a bit disappointed in the output. I have a 2002, 26' Signature with a 20" swim platform and the light barely shines beyond it. One picture was taken from the side standing on my pier, the other was looking straight down from the swim platform. The light actually looks brighter in the pic then it does in reality on the side shot. I'm on the upper Chesapeake Bay and the water is fairly dark.597970d29d20f_drainpluglight2.thumb.jpg.e76cafdf4e31799d33076c6f6427ef8d.jpg597970b6da369_drainpluglight.thumb.jpg.e8974464f251563d4d8297c84a0960ac.jpg

I bought a cheapo off EBay for 16 bucks. I like it. Sure the outdrive blocks it, but the glow area is pretty large, and flat out, looks cool.

I used a piece of wire to feed it thru the drain plug hole, then fed it up the side of the motor.

Added more low voltage wire, with butt connectors, and shrink tubing, the included fuse, and wired it into my inside courtesy lights.

2 hours ago, Splatt said:

I bought a cheapo off EBay for 16 bucks. I like it. Sure the outdrive blocks it, but the glow area is pretty large, and flat out, looks cool.

I used a piece of wire to feed it thru the drain plug hole, then fed it up the side of the motor.

Added more low voltage wire, with butt connectors, and shrink tubing, the included fuse, and wired it into my inside courtesy lights.

Do you have the ESP?  

I've been thinking about one of these but I would need some kind of special high output laser beam to penetrate our brown river water.  :unsure:

21 hours ago, Chappy68 said:

I bought the Vega PRD 8000 lumen drain plug light and the remotecontrol. First off, the product seems very well made and installation was pretty simple and straight forward. I'm a bit disappointed in the output. I have a 2002, 26' Signature with a 20" swim platform and the light barely shines beyond it. One picture was taken from the side standing on my pier, the other was looking straight down from the swim platform. The light actually looks brighter in the pic then it does in reality on the side shot. I'm on the upper Chesapeake Bay and the water is fairly dark.597970d29d20f_drainpluglight2.thumb.jpg.e76cafdf4e31799d33076c6f6427ef8d.jpg597970b6da369_drainpluglight.thumb.jpg.e8974464f251563d4d8297c84a0960ac.jpg

Did you install the light as per specs? Depth etc? I did on mine and my swim platform is bigger then yours and although its not blasting past it its pretty dam bright and get lots of compliments and people are amazed its only 1 light. 2 would be ideal for my setup. I would definately buy the Vega again. 

I got mine at West Marine, 2 white ones.

This is not real clear water.  Denny.

IMG_5639_zpsjlyhages.jpg

On 7/27/2017 at 9:21 PM, Denny said:

I got mine at West Marine, 2 white ones.

This is not real clear water.  Denny.

IMG_5639_zpsjlyhages.jpg

Umm, Denny, I see fish. That is clear. The only fish we see in our waters are the dead floating ones or the carp that jump out. Anything in the water is invisible.

2 hours ago, tomnjo said:

Umm, Denny, I see fish. That is clear. The only fish we see in our waters are the dead floating ones or the carp that jump out. Anything in the water is invisible.

LOL. My part of Lake Erie is not clear, I have to go North to get into clear waters.

I hope we never get your Carp, that will be the end of our Great Lakes, as we know them today.

Thanks for the photo gallery. Enjoyed it, it is always nice to see new water ways and types of boating.

I have the option of rivers and lakes.

I bought a liquid lite a few years back.  I'm happy with it and it has twice been drug down the road.  Even banged up, it's still bright and water proof.  In fact it was part of a group purchase with several people, I think from this forum.

I think mine has 8-9 large ultra bright LED's.  It's a solid color, green, and shows up well.  It was their premium product, at the time.