The level indicator lights

Were talking about a Chaparral 280 signature 2008

Thanks for helping out 

21 hours ago, Dave21 said:

Yes thats it !!!

The level indicator lights

Were talking about a Chaparral 280 signature 2008

Thanks for helping out 

Our 2008 model has started showing similar signs.  It was completely full and neither the 3/4 or full lights illuminated.  Don't ask me how I knew it was full...lol.  Put it on the trailer and came home, and when we got home, the full light was illuminated but the 3/4 light was not.  Those senders go bad.  Maybe around 9 years old since you and I are having similar problems.  Probably worth replacing.

4 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

Our 2008 model has started showing similar signs.  It was completely full and neither the 3/4 or full lights illuminated.  Don't ask me how I knew it was full...lol.  Put it on the trailer and came home, and when we got home, the full light was illuminated but the 3/4 light was not.  Those senders go bad.  Maybe around 9 years old since you and I are having similar problems.  Probably worth replacing.

Maybe you had something such as toilet paper or sludge stuck on the senders and the towing the boat may have dislodges said debris. My 3/4 level quit working, so I removed it and cleaned it until the float would travel freely and reinstalled it and it works fine (11 years old now).

1 hour ago, Weekend At Bernie's said:

Maybe you had something such as toilet paper or sludge stuck on the senders and the towing the boat may have dislodges said debris. My 3/4 level quit working, so I removed it and cleaned it until the float would travel freely and reinstalled it and it works fine (11 years old now).

Good thought.  I'll someday do the same and clean both senders.

My light stays on in the head at the low level.  I know we have nearly filled it to capacity many times.  The level never changed.  The wires are all connected at the tank and there is a lot of silicone caulk around where the indicator goes into the tank.  I guess I too should take it out and clean it and test to see if in fact its working.   Sometimes there is 3 women on board with me.  I need to know the level.  I don't allow TP in the toilet but I don't know what the previous owner did.