Sign in to follow this  
randy569

no power to fuel pump and no spark

my son put in a new battery but hooked it up backwards, it smoked the alternator but I re did the connections ,now motor cracks, all elec works but the alarm stays on when I turn the key, and fuel pump doesn't kick on and no spark

Last chance.

Did you reset all breakers ? Even if they looked O K ?  PUSH & RESET them.

If there are any fuses. ONLY remove them 1 AT A TIME. & test each by itself. You might get lucky.  Check fuses & breakers on   the engine.

yes I reset all the ones under each and the two by the battery switch, is there a reset button on the engine somewhere like on the mere? I've been looking but can't seem to find ones checked  the fuses on the  intake they were all ok

Need Shepherd 1 & Wingnut............. Do not like the loss of ignition. CAREFULLY WITHOUT forcing or breaking screws holding the distributor cover down.....Remove the cover to check the parts inside for burnt look or odor.

Is the battery fully charged up now ?  at least 12 .5 volt resting. 12 .2 cranking speed ?

What does it drop to while cranking ? Do you have a volt meter you can hold on the battery posts. The 13. 4 is a dash gauge volt meter ?  That voltage is way to high or a bad meter.

12. 6 to about 12. 9 maximum is more normal  for Lead acid.

Check main power relay it may be smoked. That powers up PCM and then turns on fuel pump relay. Hopefully didn't fry PCM

I surfed your reversed hookup. Good news . Some had almost no damage. So maybe doing gjt checkout will get you going.  Most lost the alternators.