Exoset

Florida Keys - Video

40 posts in this topic

I finally took the time to make my video from last year, if you can take your boat down there, just do it... it is priceless.

Enjoy :

Great video Exoset ... Woohoo!

Nice backyard Drew! We will go on a scouting road trip later this year. This will be our first visit to the Keys.

Thanks guys, glad you like it. I hope to see some of you next year in June ;). When you've been once in the keys, you can't say you will never go back again :p.

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎03 at 7:53 PM, Ingalp01 said:

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing, looks like it was a great trip...

Thanks, yeah it was a memorable trip ;). So much that I will go there every year for some time :P

Great video!!  We watched it last night as a family.  Looking forward to "Keys2017" next June!!!

37 minutes ago, drewm3i said:

I think these are fitting for this thread...

Not fair !! I can't even fight Drew, I just been there for a month :p.

...but I have plenty of videos with... snow... and ice :(

Get your SR ready for June 2018 :D

4 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

Great video!!  We watched it last night as a family.  Looking forward to "Keys2017" next June!!!

Keys 2018 :p, do you think you will be able to make it next June ?

39 minutes ago, Exoset said:

Keys 2018 :p, do you think you will be able to make it next June ?

Oops!  Yes, 2018.  And YES, we are shooting for June.  Should be a good month with the kids' school and such.  Would like to start planing some hard dates around Nov/Dec if possible.

Count me in, I already booked my slip at marathon ;). On the gulf side, your family will love you, :P waaaay more calm than your ride at Bimini :p, and when it is not too windy just to cross under the bridge and go look at Sombrero reef or Looe Keys, or even a ride for 2-3 days to Keywest. Drew would be an excellent guide if he can make it. If not we should be fine with maps updated on our chartplotters :p.

22 minutes ago, Exoset said:

Count me in, I already booked my slip at marathon ;). On the gulf side, your family will love you, :P waaaay more calm than your ride at Bimini :p, and when it is not too windy just to cross under the bridge and go look at Sombrero reef or Looe Keys, or even a ride for 2-3 days to Keywest. Drew would be an excellent guide if he can make it. If not we should be fine with maps updated on our chartplotters :p.

Sounds wonderful!  What are your dates?  I think you mentioned it on another thread.  Maybe we can work toward those dates.

From the 14th of June to the 9th of July. Double dose of holidays next year :p. Could be more, depending of the client I will have next year. If I am able to work remotely I could extend to 2 more weeks. 

I would love to be able to go down to key west and go up to Miami, each for a couple of days (2-3 max). My parents will probably come too with their RV which means I will need some times with them.

anyway we still have time to plan things ;).

I went between July and August last year and everyone told me to come earlier next time. We had a lot of windy days last year and even more storm lightnings. Most of the sunny days were at the beginning of our holidays.

that's why we will try earlier in June next Year. You're right about school too :p, I am in the same boat, my older will start next summer.

Will you be ready Drew ? I am willing to go there. For TP, Dry Tortugas is harder than Bimini since you can't refuel or buy food when you reach DT. I think that is the ''hardest'' trip for our kind of boat with exumas. We will be on our own down there. Personally, I love the idea ;) 

Two nights at the fort. Will bring plenty of spare fuel. Plan to snorkel little Africa, the windjammer, and Pulaski shoal! We will have to watch out for the big sharkies :P. I will be ready for sure, even if I have to pay someone to finish.

2 hours ago, drewm3i said:

Two nights at the fort. Will bring plenty of spare fuel. Plan to snorkel little Africa, the windjammer, and Pulaski shoal! We will have to watch out for the big sharkies :P. I will be ready for sure, even if I have to pay someone to finish.

Will have to fill up the cockpit with fuel. Cost me about 45 gallons to go to Bimini one way. I hold 76 gallons. No way can I make Tortugas.  

2 hours ago, drewm3i said:

About your last sentence, I hope you will be able to find more qualified people than me here in Québec / Canada. I recently made a lot of upgrades / modifications on my boat and I can tell you this : you are better to do things by yourself. I have a really awful experience with mechanic / electronic self proclaimed  ''Professionals''. Not a single task done properly, and I tried everyone around here. End of the story ? I am doing everything myself.

I think you are doing a better job than anyone you could find to do it for you. Probably because you know what is good for your boat :P

9 minutes ago, TexasPilot71 said:

Will have to fill up the cockpit with fuel. Cost me about 45 gallons to go to Bimini one way. I hold 76 gallons. No way can I make Tortugas.  

Unless we carry extra fuel for you. The biggest problem would be to know if you can sell the idea to the family to live on the boat for several days ;).

Exoset how much fuel can you carry? We could easily hold a 55 gallon drum on the swim platform or over the engine hatch.

3 hours ago, Exoset said:

Unless we carry extra fuel for you. The biggest problem would be to know if you can sell the idea to the family to live on the boat for several days ;).

Truer words have never been uttered. There's no way Incan convince her if that. She loves the Keys idea so I'll quit while I'm ahead. :)

7 minutes ago, TexasPilot71 said:

Truer words have never been uttered. There's no way Incan convince her if that. She loves the Keys idea so I'll quit while I'm ahead. :)

Happy wife, happy life:lol: