Sign in to follow this  
RichMarionOhio

Photobucket demise - What to do now?

Well, I bid Photobucket a not-so-fond farewell today. Downloaded all my content and cancelled the account. I'm now using Google My Drive.

Question is this..... 

Over the years I've shared lots of project photos, several manual PDF's, etc. Do I need to revisit each and every post and insert the new shared address or do I just forget it for now. Of course, I'll update the profile links but what are the the other members leaning towards?

:unsure:

Well, their (Google) system doesn't work. All it does is post the address of the photo as a shareable link like this....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxEezWHN2JhbMjkxdVRPdkx5b28/view?usp=sharing

and not the actual photo.

I had to upload an attachment photo to my profile to get my signature photo to show.

Any ideas how to get linked photos to show? Or am I to use another service?

Thanks!

i`m using postimage but there are about 6 or 7  worthwhile as of now,but who knows if they`ll follow

I also am using the attachment option to show the new signature photo. But its gotta be a small picture. I can't post any of my cell phone pics cuz they are large. Average iPhone size is something like 1.7mb. Where the attachment size for this site is 450kb or so.

On 7/9/2017 at 9:16 AM, TNBrett said:

Upload  to the Chaparral forum gallery and link to that. 

This.

Or you can try Microsoft OneDrive (this is what I use).  https://onedrive.live.com

Once you have an account you can upload files, select the file, choose the </> embed option, select Generate, choose what size, and copy the link to share it.

y4m-yfOKwu3CsHKYKmAQxQMOJsnjbaRtAz1jmuWh

Testing, One, Two, Three....Test....Test.....

y4mWibPe8t8azKlxx2jtJrbelArblEFxAE1LZCXu

This is using Microsoft One Drive

Edit: Ahhhh, you have to use the "Insert Other Media" link in the lower right hand corner of THIS page and the paste the embed link info from the One Drive page there.

I linked my new signiature pic to something I posted on our facebook river page. Can't do that everytime though, I guess. 

I use Onedrive and Google Photos.  Since I use googles Pixel phone I get unlimited photo and video storage which is sooo nice and I love the automatic backup to it from my phone.