dmtalon

Dale Hollow 7/21-7/24

3 posts in this topic

We are going to be visiting Dale Hollow for the first time next weekend. 3 couples and one boat (ours).  We're camping/boating.  Any other Chappy Family members out that way?  Anything we must do/see while there?

Looks like you are a weekend too early for http://www.jawsonthewater.com/ at Mitchell creek.

Willow Grove has the cheapest gas...good pizza and an outdoor patio/bar with live music. (be careful around the islands (goat island) it gets a little shallow we bent a prop out first trip)

Sulfer Creek marina has a decent restaurant "Mikes Landing" with recently added outdoor bar/seating

The state park lodge has an excellent Saturday night buffet and Sunday brunch (they run a shuttle from the marina)

On the KY side there is trooper island and on down the Wolf river there are some jump rocks.

If you are fishing make sure you have the proper fishing license (KY or TN)

That's about all I know besides it is one of the cleanest lakes I have been to...enjoy.

Sorry, somehow I missed your reply.  We had a great time... I didn't know there were some Jump rocks, however we found a couple great places to hang out/swim.  while we were hanging out someone stopped asking us if we knew where the cliffs were...  (which we didn't know about).

Got in some good skiing, and wake boarding, and just hanging out/swimming off the boat. Water was beautiful, weather was good.  We stayed at the state resort which was nice enough (a bit dated but we didn't hang out in there except to sleep)