12 posts in this topic

Well its that time of year where boating for me will stop last week of July and I’ll be at EAA/AirVenture 2017.  Its going to be a great one again and as always it has been fun meeting some of the Chaparral members to talk boats and planes.  If your going PM me and lets see if we can meet up.  Here is the list of some pretty cool stuff that is going to be there.  As always I'll see if I can upload some pictures during the week.

 

Blue Angles Friday 28 and Saturday 29

Doc and FiFi B-29 bombers – first time in 50 years two B-29 flyable will we together

B-52

B-1

(12-15) B-25s for Doolittle anniversary

F-16

F-35

Cessna 172 No 1 production model

P-63

A-20

A-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been, myself.  Used to be a bucket list item, and I said I'd never go unless I flew in.  I think all the the planning and working the ATC system is what would make the show for me.  Don't get me wrong...the aircraft, airshows, booths, food, entertainment, and fellowship would be awesome, but the satisfaction of flying myself into that mess would add a true sense of accomplishment and make the whole things that much sweeter.  But I just want to do boating stuff now.  I see airplanes all day every day at the FBO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been to another air show since going to EAA.  After seeing a week of the best in the world, it makes the average local show un-inspiring.

Both times I had planned on flying in.  Both times airplane didn't cooperate.  I no longer fly.  While I loved it, the frustration of expensive mechanical issues killed the fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fly for a living. Sometimes I just don't want to see airplanes if I've been super busy. Other times I get excited about them. However this is on my list to go see. I'm a few hours drive away. I will get there in the next few years. It would be very cool to meet some fellow Chap folks at the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Challenger604 said:

I fly for a living. Sometimes I just don't want to see airplanes if I've been super busy. Other times I get excited about them. However this is on my list to go see. I'm a few hours drive away. I will get there in the next few years. It would be very cool to meet some fellow Chap folks at the show. 

definitely gotta come up if your that close! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Duane2135 said:

I've never been to another air show since going to EAA.  After seeing a week of the best in the world, it makes the average local show un-inspiring.

Both times I had planned on flying in.  Both times airplane didn't cooperate.  I no longer fly.  While I loved it, the frustration of expensive mechanical issues killed the fun.

 

you are right about other airshows, I've been going for over 30+ years and every year I love it.  While I don't watch most of the airshow there are a few that I watch every year because it is simply amazing what they can do.  I haven't been to any other local airshow either as they don't even come close to the talent that EAA gets.  I'm a big WWII buff and really excited to see Doc and FiFi together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Challenger604 said:

I fly for a living. Sometimes I just don't want to see airplanes if I've been super busy. Other times I get excited about them. However this is on my list to go see. I'm a few hours drive away. I will get there in the next few years. It would be very cool to meet some fellow Chap folks at the show. 

Who do you fly for (if you don't mind saying here).  Otherwise, PM me.  I run a very well known FBO.  Would be nice to meet another Chappy if you're ever here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now there's a trip to put together. Hmm, maybe one year I'll pull my boat up there and camp at the Float plane park!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

Who do you fly for (if you don't mind saying here).  Otherwise, PM me.  I run a very well known FBO.  Would be nice to meet another Chappy if you're ever here.

Hey TP

PM sent. 

It would be nice to meet other Chappys. Hope I get there and we can link up. 

Blue Skies and Tail Winds my friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now