330Signature

330 Signature Davits

20 posts in this topic

So I decided it was time to buy a dinghy for my 330 Signature so we can hop between places when on the hook. Its a 310 Rib boat. I prefer the davits that pivot and slide onto the swim platform since we have a 15 hp 4 stroke its hard to remove that every time. Wondering what setups people have out there for our boat. Fire away !

need more input on this. I am going on a trip in few weeks and need to get a plan figured out to carry my 310 RIB with a 15 hp and not pull motor.  Fire away guys. I know Hurley is a option. What else is out there or have people designed and installed them selves?

Your on the wrong site. Remember, most here are lake boaters with boats that are 25 feet and under.

I was planning a trip to Block Island but the weather got to rough. Block is more your way. Maybe next year??

Iggy wouldnt say that. There are plenty of 330 Sigs on here lurking.... 

BLock is on my list to do next year. Just got back from Essex Island this past weekend. Was nice trip. Mystic later this fall. 

On 8/15/2017 at 9:09 PM, 330Signature said:

need more input on this. I am going on a trip in few weeks and need to get a plan figured out to carry my 310 RIB with a 15 hp and not pull motor.  Fire away guys. I know Hurley is a option. What else is out there or have people designed and installed them selves?

Well, you can see all the responses as you mentioned.  I understand what you are doing and good luck with it!!

I have a 350 Sig and need the same advice. What did you do for your rib "330Signature"? I have a smaller dinghy 10ft with 9.9.

When I lived in New Rochelle Block and Essex were two of my favorite destinations.

One year going through Fisher Island sound we saw a sub come up..it was awesome.

Have a great summer!

The Canadians almost all have some thing lashed to all sizes of boats. Heavy duty inflated. Some with the motors on the boats. Some are simply towed behind the mother boat.

Calling all Canadians.  Please post pictures. 

Their docks & marinas look very different than a USA place.

Also consider the boat as a life boat ready all the time. With at least a EPERB or equivalent device. With folding oars also in the boat. For a explosion & fire.

A 30 year old Navy Seal in place of a 5 hp O B motor. One of our cruisers has & pays for him on each cruise. They have great times together.

I use an inflatable floor dinghy and just pull it up on its side onto the swim platform and tie it off to the cleats.  I put a 3.5 hp 2stroke in the aft locker.

I've looked at options for davits, and I would probably go for the Weaver Davits because they are small and they have an option to have only a low-profile fitting on the swim platform edge.  To me, this would be best because swim platform is still useable, and low odds of stubbed toes.

I’m in the same boat as 330signature. I have 350 Signature and want to bring my 10’ RIB and 9.9 mecury along for those extended trips. Need a solution that doesnt have the mounting brackets cluttering the swim step once the dinghy is taken off. Any help and suggestions is appreciated.

I am still undecided. I fabricated , my own brackets and star board to clamp onto the existing swim platform rail but worried its too much weight on the rail. Been looking at Trick Davits, Hurley Davits etc. Issue with ours is the railing is in the way and also the platform has a slight rolled lip to it. Possibly adding blocks to go over the railing would work but would be an eye soar when the dinghy isnt on.........

After looking at the Port side walk through / boarding steps. The RIB could be stored on rollers in a vertical position. Bow up. Engine attached with spare fuel can strapped to RIB deck. A single pole hoisting mast & motorized pulley could do the pulling & lifting high enough to keep it on rollers with   the motor out of the water. The 4' RIB width would allow it to be only 4' on the Starboard side. 10' plus the motor & we are at 11' of boat at about a 70 degree angle. Some wind force pushing that RIB hull backwards to design for.

Too much RIB for the rear area ?

11 hours ago, Makolab said:

Had the same issue with my 260 Sig.  Smaller boat but with a large inflatable.  Yesterday I came across this on e-bay.  It appears to be a simple solution.

https://www.ebay.com/i/232764133400?chn=ps

Maybe an alternative and for the price.....

Ya problem with that is weaver davits or those work just fine for a small dingy with a SMALL motor. But with me and DMC we have 10-12ft Rib boats with 10-15 hp outboards. They cannot be supported by something like that. Needs to be more robust.