FreshRon

Soon to be Chap owner! QUESTIONS!!!!

32 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!! I am to call the dealer and say lets do this on a 2011 264 Sunesta, Vapor Blue edition with many options all included. I am looking for a few things online and I can't seem to find it. Was there an option for a "power tower" for the radar arch as I don' see any exposed screws at the base of the arch to loosen and let down. It's silly but there is only one place I need to lower and it not the end of the world if it doesn't lower. So is it fixed or can it move?

Anyone have the 320 HP Volvo-Penta, how do you find the performance? I am not looking for a rocket but I want to be sure its not under powered either :D 

Thanks ALL!!

Ron

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post the number & weights of a full boat load. Then H P can be judged by other owners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Average 6 people (1080lbs), half tank gas 250 lbs. one large cooler and stand day boat gear. I think it should do well but I'm not sure. Thank you all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a nice boat. The 264 Sunesta shared the same basic hull (albeit different decks) with the 256 SSi and 256/267 SSx.,  320 hp will do, but I found they liked 375 hp more.

For the folding arch option, I'm pretty sure you see a bolt in the rear bottom edge or the arch where it meets the deck.

Picture below shows the later style optional folding arch design that came out in 2012. I couldn't find any pictures on line for a 2008-2011 folding arch feature. Sorry for the small pic below; Phototbucket is making things difficult lately.

Image result for 264 sunesta folding arch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Sheperd! Yeah I liked the sound of 375 too but alas I didn't spec the boat haha but it only has 91 hrs on it and lift kept so it was spot less so I'm gonna go for it!

i called the dealer (boat was purchased there and being sold their) and for the 2011 it's a fixed arch and doesn't move. No dock side restaurant for me. Well the one I liked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! Find a different dock, or a different haunt I guess. Have fun with the boat!

If you really find you want more power, simply bolt on a marine supercharger kit, reflash the ECM, and change the props.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I`ve got the same boat and engine combination. I find it acceptable, the duo prop helps. I see runs of 45-47 mph on smooth water with a light load. It`s a great boat, I think you`ll enjoy it. We get a lot of compliments on ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Chap that's what I figured and fine for crusing! 

Sheparerd - you're gonna get me in trouble! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a survey and a sea trial before signing the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All!

Thank you for all your advice and comments. The  '11 264 Sunesta I was looking at was picked up by someone else but I have a another one! 2010 264 Sunesta  wide band black hull and white arch. Very clean and well taken care of with the 496 Mag Mercruiser :):):)  

I put the deposit so I wouldn't loose it after I saw it, but she is getting surveyed and looked at by a Marine Mechanic later this week!

Thanks again!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FreshRon said:

Hi All!

Thank you for all your advice and comments. The  '11 264 Sunesta I was looking at was picked up by someone else but I have a another one! 2010 264 Sunesta  wide band black hull and white arch. Very clean and well taken care of with the 496 Mag Mercruiser :):):)  

I put the deposit so I wouldn't loose it after I saw it, but she is getting surveyed and looked at by a Marine Mechanic later this week!

Thanks again!! 

 

Sounds like a better combo.  Pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the "look" of this one better! The other one didn't have the "galley" which I liked as I really don't know why I need a sink but seems like I will have to find a use or two for it! 

IMG_6043.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 284 Sunesta.  To my knowledge there was not power arch option until 15.  Could be wrong about though.  My boat is 2 feet longer and I have the 8.2 Liter Merc (380HP) and find it more than adequate.  51 on GPS with light load.  And my boat is in my signature is the wide band black hull but with the black arch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cycleman07 said:

I have the 284 Sunesta.  To my knowledge there was not power arch option until 15.  Could be wrong about though.  My boat is 2 feet longer and I have the 8.2 Liter Merc (380HP) and find it more than adequate.  51 on GPS with light load.  And my boat is in my signature is the wide band black hull but with the black arch. 

Thanks Cycleman!! 50's is more than I'll ever need! (Famous last words huh?). I wanted the 264 for the huge amounts of interior space, I was on a 284 at the dealer and it felt bigger than my first apartment! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, FreshRon said:

I do like the "look" of this one better! The other one didn't have the "galley" which I liked as I really don't know why I need a sink but seems like I will have to find a use or two for it! 

IMG_6043.PNG

Very sharp!

We use our sink for storage of valuables and then had an insert made with two cupholders in it.  It is now used often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EricGT said:

Very sharp!

We use our sink for storage of valuables and then had an insert made with two cupholders in it.  It is now used often.

Thank you Eric! Yours quite the looker too!  Yeah I assume I'll put "stuff" in it but i'm not on the boat to do dishes leave that at home! HAHA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually use my sink a lot to wash my hands or rinse out my tumblers after drinks.  Never use the sink in the head tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We use our sink for rinsing out cups and washing off utensils after cooking and eating. I do use the spray head for hosing down the deck non skid when it gets dirty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Chap243 said:

I do use the spray head for hosing down the deck non skid when it gets dirty.

I didn't know the hose would run that far.  I'll have to give that a try.

I'm really starting to develop a love/hate relationship with my OE black mat and the footprints it causes all over the white fiberglass.  I scrub it with Simple Green and a brush after every use and it still leaves black marks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same OE black mat on my boat. Horrible!!!!   Black footprints as well as staining your hands if you touched it.   Took it off and replaced with SeaDek.  Problem solved and cleaner boat!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EricGT said:

I didn't know the hose would run that far.  I'll have to give that a try.

I'm really starting to develop a love/hate relationship with my OE black mat and the footprints it causes all over the white fiberglass.  I scrub it with Simple Green and a brush after every use and it still leaves black marks.

Agree 100% with Lestat; get rid of the original discontinued black mat, and replace with custom Seadek. More comfortable and will stop giving you headaches.They can now make a 3 colour version as well if wanted.

http://www.seadek.com/p-256-chaparral-236-ssx.aspx

Moomba_Roo_03.jpg

Close this window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Shepherd1 said:

Agree 100% with Lestat; get rid of the original discontinued black mat, and replace with custom Seadek. More comfortable and will stop giving you headaches.They can now make a 3 colour version as well if wanted.

http://www.seadek.com/p-256-chaparral-236-ssx.aspx

Moomba_Roo_03.jpg

Close this window

Ugh, why did you have to sow me that they already have a spec sheet for the 236SSx?  Now that makes me want it even more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:36 AM, EricGT said:

I'm really starting to develop a love/hate relationship with my OE black mat and the footprints it causes all over the white fiberglass.  I scrub it with Simple Green and a brush after every use and it still leaves black marks.

What in the heck is there to love about that.  That sounds all bad.  I imagine it gets pretty warm too.  Makes you wonder who thought that would be a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now