FreshRon

Soon to be Chap owner! QUESTIONS!!!!

31 posts in this topic

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:39 AM, TNBrett said:

What in the heck is there to love about that.  That sounds all bad.  I imagine it gets pretty warm too.  Makes you wonder who thought that would be a good idea.

Very valid point!

At this point I am thinking it would be better for the short term just to remove it.  But I'm thinking that is probably a pretty big project.

5 hours ago, EricGT said:

Very valid point!

At this point I am thinking it would be better for the short term just to remove it.  But I'm thinking that is probably a pretty big project.

Been a while since I did my last black OEM original style mat removal and replaced with Seadek, but it actually pulled off pretty well. (mind you, that black mat had only been on the 2 seasons)

Spent some time afterwards with a high pressure hot water sprayer to remove the lions share of the old residue. Products like Goo Gone work well too.

Here's a video from Seadek on how to remove the old pad and install the new.

Stepped on the GREY mat on my BiL's Axis recently.  Left two or three layers of skin.  Dunking my feet in the water didn't much help.  My mica colored (tan) SeaDek gets nowhere near that hot!

On 8/2/2017 at 10:14 AM, FreshRon said:

I do like the "look" of this one better! The other one didn't have the "galley" which I liked as I really don't know why I need a sink but seems like I will have to find a use or two for it! 

IMG_6043.PNG

Don't know if you actually moved on this boat, but I'd get a thorough full survey including mechanical, with a surveyor you choose (not one the seller does). I've seen this boat sitting on the market since end of last season, make sure there's not a hidden reason why.

Also, since this is in South Jersey, ask where it was during Sandy.   I live in South Jersey and a lot of boats got damaged by Sandy and sold.

Hi All! I didn't move on the boat as loan didn't go through. Bc it's "old" and I should look for a 2013 or newer. I never did the survey (which was my guy that I got on my own - very good point toddavid) and I did ask if there were any damages from Sandy and was told no! The boat looked really good when I saw it but never did the survey. Maybe next season!!!