Sign in to follow this  
Challenger604

Lake Cumberland Sept 15-18

Was looking at lake Cumberland at boat show . How was your time there please share with us thanks

22 hours ago, wijeff said:

Was looking at lake Cumberland at boat show . How was your time there please share with us thanks

Absolute wijeff 

It's impossible to not have a good time at Lake Cumberland.  We go every single year, every other year we do a houseboat trip, on the off years we stay at the lodge at Jamestown marina.  I believe it is some of the clearest water in the Midwest.  There are two waterfalls that we go to a lot.  We sometimes just go cruise up the lake for 20 miles or so.  We know the lake very well   It's very deep fairly wide in many coves that you can get peace and quiet in for those awesome afternoon naps.

I'm assuming you are from Wisconsin and I am from Central Illinois and it is a very easy tow to get to the lake.  If I can help anymore please let me know.  We are going on another houseboat trip there this June with 15 other people.  We can't wait for summer time. 

That's what we would love to do is the house boat trip have a few couple's that have talked about doing it just haven't put it together yet thinking house boat trip next year maby. Its a pain trying to orgnize the house boat with not knowing the proper size house boat to rent and getting all on board ect.  Towing are boat there hoping to do this summer/fall. Any places to keep clear of or places to visit while there . Thanks for your help

Not to many places to stay away from. It's deep just about everywhere. The weekends in the summer around the falls and Harmon Creek might not always be "G" rated if you have young children. We have the HB down to a science. It has turned into more of an event. The boat we rent has 6 rooms. So 6 couples. If more people come get another boat or they can stay in the lodge. It really is one of the most fun and cheapest vacations we have done. If you decide to do this and have question let me know. Hope this helps. 

-M