BarryW

SWIM PLATFORM PART

I have a 2007 236 SSI and the center oval cover with 2 vents fell off in the water and is gone. I have one of the vents. The part is no longer available. It is part number 12 on the parts list. Any ideas on where to get one would be helpful!

swimplattform.jpg.png

Then it's a prayer if you can find one at Great Lakes Skipper, salvage yard , or fashion one from starboard that fills the hole, and make do. You might try swimplatforms.com, they do not list your boat, but may be able to help.

Here is one that they made for a Chap.

Chaparral%202330,%202335,%20240,%20245%2

Not looking forward to the day we need to replace an un replaceable part, but that is drawback of owning an older boat I guess.  Good Luck in your search.

You might have to fabricate one out of starboard or teak wood. If you didn't like the look of that, then cover it with seadek or similar mat.

If a factory part is not available, try boatoutfitters.com. Have them custom make a new part out of KingStarboard. 

brick

Thanks for the replys guys. Also on a side note, do you know what the correct prop size should be? I seem to be over revving the rpm's.

That is a standard swim platform vent...should be able to find one anywhere. My Sea Ray has the same ones.

If that part is like mine, its made out of 'StarBoard'.  Can you use a router? If you can find someone near you that has one to use as a template.