Denny

Photobucket, Working - Not Working

6 posts in this topic

Like everyone else, I have the same issue, the little blue square.

So I decided to experiment, I opened a new account with an old E-mail.

I put in a few photos, which registers about 1% on their scale.

I select the photo that I want, scroll on it to where it says share, left click it, and a second screen opens up, I select Direct, left click it, it turns yellow and says copied, and here we are.

If I do the same procedure with my original account, it doesn't work, I get the little blue box.

Is it because it is a new account, or because I have so little in it, or have I stumbled upon a back door.:scratchchin:

Don't know for how long, but for now it seems to be working.  Denny.

IMG_3446_zps7feww2u0.jpg

http://vid1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii560/boater1944/Towing/IMG_5683_zpsoij5lfrq.mp4

6 hours ago, Was_Wylie_Tunes said:

Havent you heard? Its $400 a year now in order for PB to unlock your links.

I understand, however I was able to post this , and not a dime spent.

If I had to open a new account to work around some company that was holding my pics for ransom. I darn sure wouldn't stay with that company. I'd find some other way to make it work. I've personally never like photobucket. It always seemed cumbersome and choked up with ads. 

From a technology perspective, there are a couple ways that PB could implement their enforcement of the new policy.  The could "watch" each request for a picture and catalog the requests such as the ones generated from signature pics here.  That would be an intensive process, though.

So an alternative would be to sample at regular intervals which would be much less process-intensive.  Basically this means it may just be a matter of time for you . . .

6 hours ago, TNBrett said:

If I had to open a new account to work around some company that was holding my pics for ransom. I darn sure wouldn't stay with that company. I'd find some other way to make it work. I've personally never like photobucket. It always seemed cumbersome and choked up with ads. 

All of the stuff that I give to PB is backed up in my computer, so I don't care if they keep it.