Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cindy S

New 337ssx -- Defective & Major Disappointment

3 posts in this topic

On 6/28 I posted, "337ssx--Help Please". Thanks ya'all for comments & suggestions.  In this post want to provide an update.

Today, 7/25 still don't have a useable boat. It's going on 4 months since I purchased a brand new boat, which has turned out to have significant defects (see my above posting).

Beginning in May when I got the boat have continued to complain to dealers and Chap. Finally, on 7/12, FL Dealer took boat from marina to begin fixing. In the process they discovered yet another defect: steering fluid/oil in bilge.  They are waiting on manuals from Volvo to determine how to calibrate, bleed and fix and have no estimate of how long and to what extent this latest problem will remedied.

For the last 4 months I have been paying insurance, marina storage and interest on a defective and useless boat.

It's a lemon--a brand new boat should not have problems like I have experienced.  Obvious I'm getting shafted by the dealers and Chap.  It has been an ongoing awful nightmare, major disappointment and waste of money and time.  I need a lawyer experienced in FL and NC boat lemon laws; please provide recommendations and suggestions.   Thanks 

Ask your local D A for legality of a Lemon Case.  Good Luck.

He may call it fraud or grand larceny. It varies widly in each state.

Boats are not made like cars, each one is hand made by a few people. So its not uncommon to have a few minor problems.

That being said, if your dealer doesn't have the know how to work on the engines. I'd be making a few phone calls to other dealers and Corporate.