Sign in to follow this  
Allen

Navigating the Delaware Past and Present

Great pictures and history of the area. I started boating on the Rancocas Creek about 1955 with my parents at my uncle's house. I now have lived across the creek from that location for 41 years. Had a few friends that kept boats at Clarks Landing and have breakfast once a week at Castle Harbor Cafe and go by boat to Dredge Harbor Cafe to eat there.

Boatman 609, I grew up on the Delaware  5 doors north of Red Dragon Canoe-Sailboat club. Edgewater-Burlington Twp line. Linden Road. We had a 150 foot pier for many years. Likewise that house was built 1955. This year I moved to Dredge Harbor. Clarks closed its doors. Refused to dredge the dock area. 

Hi Allen I had heard Clarks Landing was closing. A couple of friends kept their boats there and they left when they closed the side toward Dredge Harbor. I think you will like Dredge Harbor. It has a good cafe. I watch for you when you come up the Rancocas. I'm the first dock on the left after you go under the Route 130 bridge. Have a great boating season.

how deep is the Rancocas and how far up can you go?  I used to live in Bucks and boat out of Neshaminy.  I miss the river!  I used to come down to Dredge a lot for breakfast at the cafe.  Lots of good times on the River!

At a higher tide you can go almost to the route 295 bridge. There is a 6' 11" tidal change so at a lower tide you can go a little bit past the route 130 bridge. There are only a few places where you can ski anymore. There are usually some fisherman around and sometimes fishing tournaments.  A couple of sandbars at low tide provide a place to set up a grill or volley ball net.