Hotrodman

2011 SeaRay Sundancer Port Shift Alarm

I am getting port shift alarms nearly every time out.  It was suggested that I move my shifters back and forth after shutting down the engines.  That worked for a while but it seems to be happening for longer periods and more often?  Any suggestions?

8 hours ago, Hotrodman said:

I am getting port shift alarms nearly every time out.  It was suggested that I move my shifters back and forth after shutting down the engines.  That worked for a while but it seems to be happening for longer periods and more often?  Any suggestions?

I assume you have DTS; if so, start with getting a helm adaptation and configuration done. Also essential to have clean battery terminals as DTS communicates by voltage. Find this approach works the majority of the time. 

You might ask on a brand specific forum like, Club Sea Ray. More likely you will find owners of Sea Ray's that may have the same issue.

Less likely you will find SR owners on a Chaparral forum. But , I guess you never know.  Good Luck with your issue.