Wolfsong

New to us Chaparral 2835 SSI Special Edition

36 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Wolfsong said:

Soldier4402,

Do you mean the  door to the fridge, the locker behind it etc.?

yeah.  not knocking your boat by any means.  But I spent the few bucks and upgraded to stainless.

Soldier 4402,  Where did you source those handles?  I would like to swap them for stainless as well.

15 hours ago, Wolfsong said:

Soldier 4402,  Where did you source those handles?  I would like to swap them for stainless as well.

think I got mine on amazon.  really just pull them off and look for manufacture and measure them.  go online and start looking youll find what you need, or check west marine.

There are two major manufacturers for these parts; Southco is one, but I can't remember the other.  Southco even has them with a keyed lock built in, but they're about 50 deer.  Ebay search should bring up the other manufacturer.

JPFunk,

Thanks for the info.  West Marine get 74.99 deer for the one that locks in stainless!!  Ouch!  I will search on!

Thanks to all who have replied.  We are so thrilled with the new boat.  Purple Daze is still the front runner for the name.  We did just learn that Chaparral does not have any drawings of the table for the cockpit and or the sun pad filler cushion.  The good news is we have a lake pal with a 2001 285 SSi and his looks to be the same so we at least have a template.  Maybe a nice custom table top on teak with built in cup holders and a rail to keep plates on top in wake? 

16 hours ago, Wolfsong said:

JPFunk,

Thanks for the info.  West Marine get 74.99 deer for the one that locks in stainless!!  Ouch!  I will search on!

the one on your cabinet there I think I got one for like 30 bucks no lock.  like the other guy said theres only like a few companies that make them and they are only in a few sizes.  pretty easy to figure out.  I had one break and figured id replace the rest while I was at it.

17 hours ago, Wolfsong said:

JPFunk,

West Marine is great if its something you have to have now, and don't mind paying 2x what you would if you got it online.  Try Defender, Great Lakes Skipper and even Walmart online stores for parts.  You may wait a few days, but prices will be much better.

Welcome to boating.  As said above west marine is last resort unless you need it now.  They are typically anywhere from 15-30% higher on most products.  With that said time to time they have some nice sales.

Check any local mom and pop marine stores too.  I was pleasantly surprised yesterday as I checked pricing of the store at our slip.  I ended up buying a couple of extra dock ropes, and a hose.  Pricing was comparable to online for the lines.  The hose was a couple of dollars more than the box store, but I didn't have to burn a couple of gallons of gas to go get it, so it was worth it.  If I understand the latch you are looking for, I believe they had one for $25.  Which I thought was a very good price.  I may actually go buy it ans swap out the transom shower door plastic latch.