Splatt

Putting on storm cover ??

17 posts in this topic

Not sure the proper name, but it zips to the bimini top, has clear vinyl windows, and encloses the whole cockpit.How do you fit it ?

I've snapped and zipped what I could, let it soften, and it still has crooked sides. The front seems too long width wise, etc...

Yes, it has tags, and they say for my 2330.

Some secret to to getting it to fit right ?

Have you tried Googling for some pictures of your boat model which may have the covers fitted - just an idea.

I know how it looks on, just trying to get it that way is the issue. Trying to stretch it to the rear most snaps, is going to be the biggest fun. Looks like it needs to stretch about 3 inches !!

best to do it when sunny and hot; stretches better

We keep our enclosure in a dedicated bag; always remove and/or store the pieces in the same order.  My enclosure has about 10 pieces.

The cockpit enclosure is not going to fit perfectly and there will be gaps. I suspect sunbrella and isinglass shrink over time. 

When my boat was delivered to me new, the snaps on the boat matched the cockpit cover, not the isinglass enclosure.  Dealer had to make the corrections before I took delivery.

It's 18 years old, and was never used. Looks brand new.

I think I'm going to try taking the screws out of the main bimini top side rails, snapping the back down, with it zipped to the top, and slllloooowwwwly, try to raise the side rails back into their slots.

Since its hot, it "should" strretch......

Not sure how yours attaches to boat and the pieces to each other.  My pieces zip to each other; we've found that fully zipping these last works best.  Just start the zips a lil bit at first.

We first attach at top to bimini (slides and velcro), then snap at bottom to boat, then zip together just a bit.  Be careful not to pull out stitching on the isinglass.

On second thought, your Bimini probably isn't adjusted properly...make sure you have the right part forward. Make sure the straps are even (I found it easiest to undo all the straps while putting the enclosure up). If you do this, it should help!

Any chance the bimini has been replaced somewhere along the line? 

brick

Original bimini.

Still has tags on it.

Everything is still in new condition. It was stored in a plastic tub, with lid, still in separate plastic "sleeves", packages, wrap, or what ever you call it.

Just to be sure.

Anyone have pics of their original bimini top for a 1999 , 2330 ?