Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paulswagelock

Merc 8.1 Replacement Fuel Injectors

6 posts in this topic

I plan to purchase a replacement set of injectors and have my original set serviced to keep as spares. 
Anyone have a good reference for someone to service a set that I can ship to?

The replacements from Merc are $350 each but I looked on them and the part number printed on them is 25348180, and those are a stock Delphi part number at $55-60 each. incredible mark up.

It is hard to find flow information on Delphi injectors, but I think they are 38 @ 44psi - anyone know for sure?

Anyone have a suggestion on cross referencing them to find other alternative injectors, or is that about as good as I can do for price?

I worry that I had the cool fuel failure, but did not see much paint flaking, so might have died of other causes. But there could have been some small flaking and it is in the screens on the injectors slightly degrading performance or combustion optimization.

That said, 8 years is a long time and the injectors have not been serviced. If I can purchase new for 50 ish deer, and servicing is 20+ ish deer, figured I would replace and hold the old ones and have them serviced in a few years as the swap outs (rotate).

3 minutes ago, soldier4402 said:

thinking your waisting money on an item that rarely fails.  If anything get them cleaned and serviced.

+1