Swim Deck Pad

swhite7007,

Do you mind sharing how many deer that Seadeck set you back?  We have a 2835 Cuddy and while the carpet is nice, Seadeck looks way nicer.  Standard platform but will be adding a Swimplatforms.com platform in a few weeks.

sure it wasnt cheap.  it was about 7k for the whole deal. A lot of that was the cabin which required a lot of detail and different pieces.  I can tell you that it was worth every penny, completely updates the boat.  When Im done I spray it down and it looks brand new again. 

I took off the factory black rubber swim pad on my 2008 Sunesta 244 and replaced with SeaSek in Mica color faux teak.   Much cooler, more comfortable and no more annoying black marks all over boat from the OEM pad.

Wolfsong.  Yes just contact Sea Dek in Florida and they should be able to give you a price.  I made the template and sent it to them and then they cut the Sea Dek that I wanted.  They will send you a confirmations drawing that has the dimensions and radius and cut out's etc before the order is placed to be cut.  

I also had a template made for the extended swim platform that i have as well.  

For the cockpit of the boat I ordered sheets of Sea Dek and then used the snap carpet as the template.  I removed the snaps in the floor and filled the holes with epoxy then layed the Sea Dek on top.  

Did it 4 year ago and i did the swim deck in cool grey and interior in grey.  Both colors don't get too warm to walk on and has held up well so far.  The entire boat and swim deck is covered when not in use, so I think that adds to the longevity.  

Ck07fly - I have a 19' H20 as well.  I just replaced the original swim platform pad.....factory one was crap, it only lasted 2 seasons before it deteriorated to the point it was peeling off in strips.

I used Ocean Grip as the replacement.  Great stuff, basically same as Sea Dek but fewer color choices and less expensive.  I bought sheet material and cut and routed using woodworking tools Sheet material was $44 plus shipping for a piece big enough to replace the factory mat (center section of swim platform only).   

I used a clear shower curtain to trace a template of the old pad before peeling it off.  Adhered the template to a piece of hardboard with removable spray adhesive and cut and sanded that to shape.  Then adhered the ocean grip material to the template and routed it to shape with a template router bit.  Final step was to route a roundover on the edge. Then adhere (peel & stick).

Worst part was removing the old pad, lots of solvent and elbow grease.  

Turned out great and liked it so much I bought more material to do the rest of the platform.  Fraction of the cost of a factory replacement or custom cut from sea dek etc. Time will tell how it holds up but seems durable. Now that I have the hardboard templates next time I need to replace it will be simple to cut the new one.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Had SeaDek installed last week on the swim platform and walk through.  Really like how it came out with the Chaparral Logo.  Our first try of SeaDek and hope it wears well.  

http://IMG_0138.jpg

Photobucket gotcha.....Just load your picturesinto the gallery. Then repost.