Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jdsdls05

Old Man and the Sea

6 posts in this topic

Yesterday I took my dad out for a ride he is 94 years old and he managed to still get from the dock onto the swim platform and then thur the sundpad up to the seat, we went out for a 2-3 hour ridealong the CT shore , boy was I glad I installed the trim tabs this winter made for a nice ride.   We both realized our boating have come along way from our 16' wooden Lapstreak Tompson with the 55 hp Seahorse Johnson. 

Over 7 decades of boating and very lucky to have all that, enjoy the rest of your boating season, and appreciate life

I also am thankful I got to take my father out before he passed.  He loved it. 

Glad you guys got out there.

Wish I could of taken my dad out for a ride before he past away. You are lucky to have the chance to do so.

Good job!

Mine passed 12 years ago from cancer.  He and I were into sailing at the time.  As he grew too weak to take his own boat out, I decided to give him something to look forward to.  I took him sailing on his boat every weekend that he was up to; until he wasn't strong enough to get aboard safely.

He was by most important person in my life.  You are truly blessed, we lost him at 70, which was too young.  I was 40 and it was devastating.  I feel for kids that loose a parent at young ages.