PerthWA

Volvo Penta Transom Trim Panel

14 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a 2005 235 Ssi and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to purchase a replacement Volvo Penta Transom Trim Panel...this is the white circular disk version with the black switch? It is located on the transom next to the hi-fi controller and shower head storage.

I have tried Google and also our friends at Cecil Marine but can't seem to locate one. I am wondering if this was a special production for Chaparral or something??? It is part number 205-00205-A on the Chaparral Parts diagram for my boat.

I am in Australia so please keep in mind when recommending possible places to visit.

Thank you for your help.

If that is VP OEM part, try your local VP site to locate their online store and/or dealers in their network. If that is Chap part, which is likely the case, you might not be able to source it anymore. In either case it might be easier to make your own or replace whatever is broken, the plate or the ignition protected switch. Good luck!

4 hours ago, osteodoc08 said:

Have you tried volvopentastore.com

Hi 

Tried the site but unfortunately its only accessible to you you guys in the States. Message I get is as follows:

"We'll be back soon The Volvo Penta Online Store is only accessible to visitors located in the United States**. Please contact your local dealer for information concerning Genuine Volvo Penta parts"

Thank you for the suggestion however :)

It says mercury in the ad but you noted VP in your post. I can't imagine being too different. A switch is a switch in this case. 

On 8/25/2017 at 2:35 AM, osteodoc08 said:

It says mercury in the ad but you noted VP in your post. I can't imagine being too different. A switch is a switch in this case. 

Hi Osteodoc08

Yes I noticed that but I am mainly after a replacement face plate so if the switch is different I am sure I could swap it with the existing. I suggest it si highly likely to be exactly the same just the wiring going to the trim mechanism itself may be different.

Either way I am extremely grateful to have had the assistance in finding one. I have ordered it and it is on its way....

I received the new Trim panel in the mail on Friday will install on Monday morning...exactly what I needed. Interestingly, it comes with the cable also.

Also, do you know why we would be limited to uploading such small pictures for - is says only allowed 0.02MB which is nothing?????

Trim Panel.jpg

6 hours ago, PerthWA said:

Also, do you know why we would be limited to uploading such small pictures for - is says only allowed 0.02MB which is nothing?????

Trim Panel.jpg

I guess you are trying to post picture as forum's attachment. The attachments have overall storage limit, the forum's gallery does not. Upload images to the gallery and link to them from your post, or use same external storage/cloud and link to the image stored there.