Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tolson37

No Power to Radio

7 posts in this topic

I made a big mistake early this boating season when I took both batteries out to charge them and then re-installed one of them backwards.  This blew the 90A fuse bolted to the engine - so had it replaced and everything works great again except for the radio - no power.

I've checked what I think are the obvious fuses but can't really locate where the problem is with the radio.  There's no power to the radio so I must be missing one of the fuses I'm thinking.  I have a 2014 226 SSI with 350 Mag and the upgraded Clarion Stereo with Amp - all factory.  All the guages and everything else on the boat works great except for the radio now.

Any help would be appreciated.  I can't seem to find any wiring diagrams on the internet or Chap website that will help.  

It really helps to take a cell phone pic of things like battery connections before disconnecting them. Hope the radio isn't blown.

Had the same problem this summer, had both charging leads from the battery switch on one battery; horn did not work either. 

There might be two fuses one supplied by chaparral in the wiring harness  or do you have a circuit breaker panel under your dash panel with breakers and then most likely a inline fuse that came with the radio manufacture as well if they are all good most likely you cooked the radio

"No power to the radio" as in it does not come on or I have verified no voltage with a volt meter on the red or yellow wires at the back of the head unit? 

There will be a small automotive style fuse on the back of the radio. Check for power at the radio, work back from there. 

brick

There might be also a automotive fuse by the perko switch.  There should be one at the dash that you can reset then there is another automotive one behind the radio.  

See if you are getting 12 volt to the dash switch.

There might be a fuse block by the amps as well.