Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4roys

2015 Vortex 243 Light replacement

8 posts in this topic

Quick question. We don't boat a lot at night but happened to be on the boat at the dock at night. Went to turn on courtesy lights but figured I would check the others. Sure enough, white light on top of arch burned out. Climbed up next day to try to change and darned if I can figure out how to get bulb out. Anyone else come across this? Thanks in advance. 

Do you have a pic of the light.  It might be a sealed unit and you need to replace the entire fixture.

Its an Attwood LED Waketower All around light #5580.  I don't think you can change the LED bulb.  Probably have to change the whole assy.  Hope the factory left enough wire in the tower to do it.  stick a screwdriver in the little slot between the light assy and base and pop it up to reveal the wires and mount screws.

https://www.amazon.com/Attwood-LED-Waketower-All-5580A7/dp/B00H88BJIE

Has it ever worked? It would not be on the courtesy light switch. Check your switch for Nav lights. 

brick

40 minutes ago, brick said:

Has it ever worked? It would not be on the courtesy light switch. Check your switch for Nav lights. 

brick

OOOH, missed that one Brick......   Its the NAV/Anchor light.  Left hand switch panel.  Up is the white up top with red/green on bow and down is white only (anchor).

5 hours ago, adam72 said:

OOOH, missed that one Brick......   Its the NAV/Anchor light.  Left hand switch panel.  Up is the white up top with red/green on bow and down is white only (anchor).

:clapsmiley: