Stratto

265 ssi 6,2 va 8,1

12 posts in this topic

I might buy one chaparral 265 ssi 6,2 Without bottom color wondering which engine is good for the boat 6.2 320hp vs 496 vs 496 ho. Top speed. Consumption. Sincerely

what year is it.  Because the 320hp was a Volvo GXI engine which in turn was a 350 engine.  If its a Volvo and 320hp its not a 6.2 I don't think.  If it has a 6.2l in it probably has closer to 380hp.

What I can tell you is I had a 2002 265ssi with the 5.7l 320hp GXI with duo props.  Boat did 43-45mph and got out of the hole fine.  Gas was fine.  Considering same relative same price and boats are in relative same condition I would get a larger engine for this boat.  But if the larger engine boat was a considerable amount more or in crap shape, the smaller one will be fine.

All boats come with a go fast lever ( throttle ). You can change props to make a big engine almost equal to a smaller engine fuel burn rate.

NO WAY to prop a smaller engine carrying a load of people to equal a big engine carrying the same load of people.

Go big the first time.  :)

Go small if you have large groups & party while still tied up to your dock.  :(

It's a mint boat.

no bottom color silent choise freshwater use 50mph the owner says it is easy going up and weighs less than bigblock.

You see the yellow 2004 on boat trader with the 496 and 140 hours for 36k?  That's a nice boat!

You'll be fine with the 6.2, as stated above. And f its in mint condition. Go For It, IMO.

Welcome to the group....