Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
concorde

Norcold fridge problems

5 posts in this topic

I have a 1998 Signature 240 with a Norcold DE-351D-F fridge. About a month ago I went to shut off the fridge at the circuit breakers and at the little switch inside the fridge.  The little green light stayed on but got dimmer in the off position.  I tried turning the switch from inside the fridge from on to off again several times but it was still the same thing.  The only way I could shut off the fridge was to shut off the batteries

I figured it could survive like this and I would make it a winter project.  It continued like that for a few more weeks.  This weekend I went to turn the fridge on and nothing happened, batteries, circuit breaker and switch all on.  I think its the temperature sensor that has the thermostat dial and switch inside the fridge, but I hear these are around $300 and am not willing to spend that type of money on a hunch.  Any other ideas?  Also any leads where I can find the parts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

Check with an RV Dealer service department. I remember some sort of widespread recall on those refrigerators. You'll probably need to have info like the model and serial numbers. Good Luck.

The fridge is 19 years old going on 20. It may have bought the farm? I would up grade to a Isotherm, most likely it will run better and use less power. I would do some comparisons.

Lets face it, there not going to put the best in. There going to try to keep the price down.

My Seaward hot water tank was going after 6 years. I installed a better one, heats up quicker, stays hotter longer and uses less power when on the genset. Pour example, but a better fridge would be better insulated and use less power and last longer since its not cycling on as much.  

11 hours ago, Iggy said:

The fridge is 19 years old going on 20. It may have bought the farm? I would up grade to a Isotherm, most likely it will run better and use less power. I would do some comparisons.

Lets face it, there not going to put the best in. There going to try to keep the price down.

My Seaward hot water tank was going after 6 years. I installed a better one, heats up quicker, stays hotter longer and uses less power when on the genset. Pour example, but a better fridge would be better insulated and use less power and last longer since its not cycling on as much.  

yup after 20 years don't think I would hassle with doing to much poking around.  Could get lucky my pulling it and finding something. Bring it in to get looked at or just buying  a part will cost you $300.