watson524

Anyone with a 264 and a Merc 6.2 in it?

5 posts in this topic

The guys that have them say they work just fine. Not a 50+mph boat but gets into the high 40s.

Was mainly asking because we found a 2013 with 59 hours and all options we want except the underwater lights (no big deal) and bigger engine and teak color VS blue (another no big deal) plush had the old style arch (in case I haven't mentioned I hate the look of the new style lol)  Drove over 4 hours yesterday to take a look after reviewing pictures and asking dealer questions over the phone. It was a brokered boat and it was a mess. Bumps and dock rash all over plus some obvious hits with gouges into the fiberglass on the teak colored gel coat and other spots. Bow cover not on properly and was damp and filthy inside. Mold in the nooks and crannies. 

For Pete's sake if you're going to sell something at least clean it up. Had high hopes because it had most of the right options but if that's how he took care of the boat I can only imagine how he treated it during break in period etc

Oh well, at least we got to see the American side of Niagra Falls 

I bought my 22013 264 Chap in 2015, that had 29 hours on it.  Could not be more pleased with the 6.2 engine. Runs in the mid 40s with a light load.  Fast enough for me !!

Very economical @ 2.75 mpg.   

had a 265SSI, roughly same size and weight had the Volvo 5.7GXI  320.  boat ran low to mid 40's.  6.2 has a little more power but like others said might be hard to be a 50mph boat.