Auggie

1991 VP drive linkage cover

20 posts in this topic

I'm looking for one of these covers. Evidently the shop that did the service on my boat didn't have it tightened down and I lost it in the lake so I need a new one does anybody have one of these?

The first pic is of what the cover looks like that's on my port Drive.

The second pick is what it looks like without it on the starboard side which I need.

rps20170909_090155_545.jpg.f01cc5eda76a21cb45cb47e3cc86f345.jpg

rps20170909_090411_456.jpg

Yep.  He just did a full service on both engines and drives and when I called him he said he never removed that cover I was thinking if you did a full-service you would Lube that linkage wouldn't you?

14 minutes ago, Chap243 said:

Check eBay. You can occasionally find parts like that.

+1.  There are a few used ones there now for a little less than what the dealer quoted.

2 hours ago, Dennis A said:

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/292245076389

Sorry, looks the same to me....

It's really close but mine does not have the top screw it sets in on a clip and then folds down and locks in place when you screw the bottom screw down. But thanks for trying you came close

2 hours ago, Auggie said:

It's really close but mine does not have the top screw it sets in on a clip and then folds down and locks in place when you screw the bottom screw down. But thanks for trying you came close

Ah, so like this one:

https://www.swedishaquamatic.com/collections/newest-products/products/volvo-penta-rear-shift-cover-plate-290-dp-a-dp-c-854037

$150 is not too bad for an obsolete part. Are you sure yours was attached when you left the shop? Maybe they are selling you yours back...

brick

2 hours ago, brick said:

$150 is not too bad for an obsolete part. Are you sure yours was attached when you left the shop? Maybe they are selling you yours back...

brick

Yeah it was there.  I've washed it a few times. I'm going to try one more place tomorrow and if they don't have it I'll probably be ordering that. Thanks Dennis

20 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

I would not trust them to install the 2nd one.

I wish you would be more helpful instead of throwing up whatever comes up.  Thread after thread of non sense.  please stop.

kinda like someone who continually states the poster is paying too much for whatever widget or service . . . 

'expensive' is relative, and forums are a place to express opinions . . . 

opinions are just that and aren't worth much so don't take to much stock into what I say or anybody else.  But non sense and garbled up post of language that reads like klenon is different and waste of everybody's time.  I think most people come here to find different opinions, solutions and easier and cheaper ways to do things, not listen to responses from a drunk keyboard.

Up at the top of the page, under your profile, is a place where you can ignore users, and their posts will not show up for you.  

Or, you could just cut the guy some slack, and realize that you're on the internet, a place where at least half of the opinions expressed are total BS anyway.  

Hopefully someday each of us will grow old, and have a place where we can ramble on about subjects we care about.  And, with a little luck , some one will occasionally garner a little nugget of wisdom from our ramblings.

16 hours ago, TNBrett said:

Up at the top of the page, under your profile, is a place where you can ignore users, and their posts will not show up for you.  

Or, you could just cut the guy some slack, and realize that you're on the internet, a place where at least half of the opinions expressed are total BS anyway.  

Hopefully someday each of us will grow old, and have a place where we can ramble on about subjects we care about.  And, with a little luck , some one will occasionally garner a little nugget of wisdom from our ramblings.

+1

brick