dearmosd

Stereo Remote Removal

8 posts in this topic

Hello forum, just picked up a new boat to me...2010 224 Sunesta. I want to add a second battery and replace the stereo already. Before I go digging I wanted to ask if anyone knew how to remove the Clarion remotes at the helm and the swim platform. I want to remove the plate so I can fab up a new mount for the Fusion stereo I will be adding.

should be a simple removal, remove any face plates, look behind for brackets and then unplug.  IDK about your 2010 but my 02 and other models chap wanted to use square remotes which is contrary to everything on the market.  luckily in back the hole was small and circular so I could just cover it with just about anything.

I was thinking more how does the piece of material that the remote attaches to how is that attached to the boat. The swim platform isnt my bigger concern as I hope the new remote face is large enough to cover existing hole.

The helm remote is the one I am concerned about. How would the plastic piece detach from the helm. I would like to take that piece and fab up a way to angle up the remote for better visibility reasons.

My boat is located in a different state so its not easy to answer my own questions. I am trying to ask question prior to me leaving next month to modify the stereo and winterize my boat

Thank you in advance for all the info  

9 minutes ago, dearmosd said:

I was thinking more how does the piece of material that the remote attaches to how is that attached to the boat. The swim platform isnt my bigger concern as I hope the new remote face is large enough to cover existing hole.

The helm remote is the one I am concerned about. How would the plastic piece detach from the helm. I would like to take that piece and fab up a way to angle up the remote for better visibility reasons.

My boat is located in a different state so its not easy to answer my own questions. I am trying to ask question prior to me leaving next month to modify the stereo and winterize my boat

You are not saying which remote you are using. I used the MS-NRX300 and had no problems installing it. But know I think of it, I could not tell you which remote I removed since it was not in there for long.

Remember too, Fusion is NMEA2k so you can read almost anything from your fishfinder and GPS to your remotes. I display my depth on the one on my transom.  Also you can chain them on the network. No home runs from each remote.

16 minutes ago, dearmosd said:

if I remember right it just un screws from the back there were two screws with nuts and came right off.  I don't think anybody is going to be able to give you a perfect idea unless they got pictures.  I would get there take it off take lots of pics and measurements and go from there. 

The helm remote mounts from the rear. There is a bracket that secures it. Very easy removal, once you have access to the back of the dash. On my 220 SSi you can reach through the starboard console door to at it. 

brick

1 hour ago, brick said:

The helm remote mounts from the rear. There is a bracket that secures it. Very easy removal, once you have access to the back of the dash. On my 220 SSi you can reach through the starboard console door to at it. 

brick

I know and I apologize for the lackof the picture. I was hoping someone with a similar vessel would know and chime in